For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
Josie9's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, September 20th, 2014 7:46 PM

MCell not working

I changed Internet providers ND NOW MY MCell will not work  I can not use my phone in my home without it.  Do I need to change wireless provider also????????????????

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

You've posted twice. Please keep your questions to one post. It make it easier of us to help you and for others to follow along.

As I asked in your other post, what kind of internet connection did you change to, DSL, cable, or fiber? If your internet  provider offers wireless broadband, then you are going to have all kinds of issues because the MicroCell is designed for a wired connection. And, the MicroCell will only work with an AT&T cellular account. It will not work on any other wireless (cellular) network.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I change to a cable internet

Sent from my iPhone

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

Who is your provider?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

Time warner

Sent from my iPhone

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Do you have your MCell connected to your new internet router via the Ethernet connections? You must have it connected with the Internet provider. So, I don't know if you have a cable modem and a wireless router? Your hardware configuration is important here.

You obviously have Internet connection because you're posting here. How are you connected to your new ISP? How is your Microcell connected to that source? You should be connected via an Ethernet cable from provider into the MCell, then reconnect the MCell to power and let it do a full reboot, connecting with the satellite signal, and make sure all lights on the MCell are green (there should be 4 minimum). If that's not happening, you aren't going to get the wireless signal to your phone.

Sometimes you have to pull the power on the Internet modem and the Microcell, both, and let both reboot. Have you changed locations, or are you still at the same address as before? If you moved, as well as changed providers, that is part of the problem. You will have to log into your AT&T account, then go to Manage my Microcell, and update the service address for the Microcell. MUST do this, if you have moved, as the MCell is very location specific.

Hope this helps.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

Please answer the questions below as it will make it easier for us to help you:

MicroCell™ TroubleShooting Questions:

1. Do you have an active postpaid AT&T mobile account?
  2. Do you have a combined modem/router or a separate modem and router? What are the model numbers?
  3. Have you met the minimum requirements for router configuration as outlined in the Tech Guide?
  4. What are your download and upload speeds?
  5. What kind of internet service do you have (ADSL, cable, WiFi)?
  6. Are you using the basic connection (modem -> router -> MicroCell) or the alternate connection (modem -> MicroCell -> router)?
  7. What other equipment (computers, WiFi TV’s, Xboxes, Playstations, etc.) do you have connected to your network?
  8. What does the light pattern look like on the MicroCell (power, ethernet, GPS, and 3G)? Are they all a solid green or is any of them blinking green or red, and if so, which one?
  9. Does the ac adapter feel warmer than the top of the MicroCell where the vents are?
  10. Are all of the cables firmly in place?
  11. Have you checked your line speed (http://www.speedtest.net/)? If so, please post results.
  12. Have you checked to see if you line is adequate for VoIP?     (http://www.voipqualitytest.com/)? If so, please post your results.
  13. Have you looked at the Tech Guide?

Please note that if you have the newest model of the MicroCell (DPH-154), there isn't a Computer port anymore so all you have is 3G, GPS, Ethernet, and Power in that order, top to bottom. Cisco has also done away with the external antenna port.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.