What is happening with 3G?
kbrazel's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, January 19th, 2017 3:34 PM

M-Cell

My iPhone 6s has stopped connecting to my M-Cell. I've rebooted both devices multiple times.  What can I do?

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

7 years ago

Since you have an iPhone 6s, why are you not using WiFi Calling?  It is a better alternative than the Mcell with regards to reliability.  I have used both and I have found WiFi-C to be superior in call quality and dependability.....and it's free to AT&T customers. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Tried to use WIFI calling, but couldn't get a decent signal. M-Cell gives me
five bars.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@kbrazel - to use WiFi-C within range of an active MicroCell you need to either turnoff the MicroCell (disable power) or enable Airplane Mode on your phone to disable the cellular radio.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

7 years ago

As I have said in the past to new users of WiFi-C, you DO NOT look at the signal strength indicator (bars) to gauge your WiFi-C signal.  That is an indication of your cellular signal strength, not your WiFi-C.  You should be looking at your WiFi signal strength indicator instead, which is to the immediate right of the "bars" indication (on an iPhone anyway).

As Otto indicated, you can't run both the Mcell and WiFi-Calling at the same time unless you turn off your cellular radio.  Your phone will always connect to the Mcell even if WiFi-C is also turned on as the phones are designed to prefer a cellular signal first.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.