What is happening with 3G?
CCRGMac's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, April 7th, 2017 11:59 PM

M-Cell power light is the only light on

All other lights are off, the green power light is on continuously.  Phones are not connecting to the M-cell.

I've tried a power cycle and full rest per Otto's guide (which is amazing BTW.  Any other suggestions?  I don't see anyone else reporting this issue.

We've had the M-cell since 2011 and nothing else has changed in our set up.

Thanks,

Colin

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

7 years ago

@CCRGMac - if you've had the MicroCell that long my guess is that the ac adapter is failing. The power light just detects power, it doesn't check that there is sufficient power for the rest of the board. Check the adapter with a voltmeter. It should read 16VDC +/- 0.5 with no load. If it doesn't, replace the adapter with one of the same rating and see if that works.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks Otto, will do.  I'll let you know what happens.

Appreciate the swift reply.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

7 years ago

@CCRGMac - No problem. Just got home from a total knee replacement so I thought I'd reply before the meds kick in and I stop making sense.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Yes, you were right.  It's delivering only 10.3V.  Thanks again.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Now I have the adapter in my hand it's rated at 12V, not 16.  Is 10.3V still too low?

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

7 years ago

@CCRGMac - Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner. Let us know how the replacement works out.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

7 years ago

To clarify on the AC adapter voltage issue, when you measure the output voltage with a voltmeter, there is no load on the adapter so the voltage will read higher.  We've found from experience that 16 VDC +/- 0.5 VDC output from the 12 VDC rated adapter is normal with no load.

If you are measuring 10.3 VDC with no load, then replacement of the adapter is called for.  The replacement adapter should be rated at 12 VDC also, just like the original adapter.  Output amperage isn't as critical as long as it is at least the same as the original adapter.  In other words, an adapter rated at 12 VDC and 2.0 A will work just fine too.  Just be sure the output amperage of the replacement adapter is at least the same as the original adapter. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you once again.  I just ordered this one, I'll reply in a few days to let you know how it works out:

https://www.amazon.com/Amamax®-Wall-Adapter-Power-Supply/dp/B00KZ2ZQE8 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Avedis53 - thanks for the clarification. I guess the meds are starting to kick in Smiley Happy

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

7 years ago

That adapter should be sufficient.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.