What is happening with 3G?
Groundhammer's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Friday, July 19th, 2019 2:16 AM

JUST STARTED TODAY we can't call out or receive phone calls inside our house-ALL FOUR iPhones

Why is there NO SIGNAL today on our iphones while we are inside our house? We've lived in this same house for 15 years and always have been able to call out or receive phone calls until today. We live next to a cell tower but usually have at least one bar inside the house and 2 bars outside.  I had to drive down the road today just to make a phone call.  If people call me they say it goes straight to voicemail but my phone doesn't show it at all.  HELP!  Is there a way to report possible problem with cell tower???  Or problem with service?  We chatted over the computer today for HOURS with AT&T but they didn't have any answers....they tried to troubleshoot but nothing worked.  I don't know what "3G MicroCell" means but I am posting this under that topic just in case.  I didn't see an option for PROBLEMS WITH SERVICE SIGNAL.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you ALL!  After about a week and my reporting it over the MARK THE SPOT app the cell tower must have been repaired because I now have 2 bars again on my phone inside my house and can make & receive calls.  Other than that nothing helped but the wifi calling was helpful.  I didn't buy a cell booster after all but it probably would help now that we have 2 bars back. 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

5 years ago

@Groundhammer - I'm surprised that the Mark the Spot app worked at all. Very few folks, at least as reported here, have been able to get AT&T to move on their requests. My guess is that AT&T knew the tower was having issues (maintenance? weather?) and already had is slated for repairs/upgrades. Doesn't really matter what the reason is as long as it's fixed and you're back up and running. If you consider a cellular booster in the future, my Cellular Booster Guide is a good primer on what they are, how they work, and how they are installed.

I'm a bit surprised that WiFi-C doesn't work well for you.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@OttoPylot wrote:

@lizdance40 wrote:

A microcell also used home Wifi to create service where none is available, just like Wifi calling.  

What? How do you figure the MicroCell uses WiFi to create service? Please explain.

Pardon my wording is wrong.  The microcell uses home internet, just like wifi and WiFi calling.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

5 years ago

@lizdance40 - no apologies necessary. I've been known to make a few "wording" mistakes myself Smiley Wink

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.