What is happening with 3G?
CharlieSchorner's profile

Explorer

• 

29 Messages

Sunday, November 4th, 2012 8:12 PM

Is the MicroCell Service Down?

Around mid-morning on November 1, my MicroCell went offline and has not been able to connect since. Everything else on my network is behaving normally and I've had no interruption in my Internet service. So, I was wondering if someone might know if there's a problem with the service in general? Perhaps something weather-related? If not, is there a way I can verify that my device is ironies not malfunctioning?

Thanks!

Charlie

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

11 years ago

@joelsplace wrote:

Mine is still down in Keller, TX (DFW area)

All you can do is call support, notify them, and see if they can confirm that your area is in fact down. That may save you some unnecessary troubleshooting. Otherwise it's power cycle (with or without a hard reset), de-register/re-register, etc.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

My earlier post explained that I already called and they said the network is down and to wait until Tuesday to call back.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

11 years ago

Sorry. Didn't go back far enough.

Explorer

• 

29 Messages

11 years ago

This morning, December 3, around 8:30 am I received a text message from an AT&T bot that my MicroCell had succsessfully activated.

Two days ago I had performed a "hard reset," de-activated and re-activated the MicroCell, and watched the flashing 3G light. I left it plugged in in the event that something might happen. Apparently, after four weeks, something did happen.

Due to the dogged persistence of my ISP, a fault was found somewhere along the backbone between here and there. A hasty VPN re-route was patched in and, magically, data began to flow. There's no guarantee that a permanent fix has been found, but I called my ISP, on my cell phone, via MicroCell to thank them for their efforts in pursuing this problem. During that call, my wife called her sister to let her know that we once again have service. Even with our meager 3/4 Mb DSL connection, both calls were flawless.

I'd like to thank Inland Internet for helping to restore phone service to an isolated rural community where AT&T had completely dropped the ball.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

Hi all, 

I'm sorry that you're having trouble with your Microcell working properly. 

I took a quick look and don't see any logged issues but need to do a bit more research to see what might be causing the problems you're seeing. 

You are always welcome to send a private message to ATTCustomerCare with your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. A member of our team with contact you directly to help determine the cause of and work toward resolving the issue.  

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type ATTCustomerCare in the "Send To" field.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

11 years ago

@ CharlieSchorner - I'm glad to hear that your service has finally been restored. I too went thru a period of a couple weeks a long time ago where I didn't have any service either. That's why I hung around and have tried to help folks where I could in getting them up an running. There are so many ways for the MicroCell to fail, most of which have the same sypmtoms, so it's very difficult at times to isolate the problem and know where to start troubleshooting. However, I'll keep doing my small part for the MicroCell community.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I was just on a support chat with a MicroCell technician and there was an outage report this past weekend, here are the details of the chat:

No, it was an internal notification. They are not for disclosure outside of AT&T. The title of the notice is *TREND* Outage Notification - <3G Flashing LED> -

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

11 years ago

That's helpful, thanks.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

Our 2 admins were on the phone with multiple AT&T techs and maybe even a Cisco guy last Friday and finally figured out it had something to do with port 4500 packet fragmentation. The good news: it's not us, ie we didn't break it. The bad news: it's not us, ie we can't fix it. It's been a long, heavy haul to get to this point. Really hoping we can get a final resolution soon.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

11 years ago

@MC_ISP wrote:
Our 2 admins were on the phone with multiple AT&T techs and maybe even a Cisco guy last Friday and finally figured out it had something to do with port 4500 packet fragmentation. The good news: it's not us, ie we didn't break it. The bad news: it's not us, ie we can't fix it. It's been a long, heavy haul to get to this point. Really hoping we can get a final resolution soon.

That's really helpful detail. Thanks. I'll pass that along to my support contact. It never hurts to put a little pressue from different angles.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.