Is the MicroCell Service Down?

Is the MicroCell Service Down?

Around mid-morning on November 1, my MicroCell went offline and has not been able to connect since. Everything else on my network is behaving normally and I've had no interruption in my Internet service. So, I was wondering if someone might know if there's a problem with the service in general? Perhaps something weather-related? If not, is there a way I can verify that my device is ironies not malfunctioning?

Thanks!

Charlie

Message 1 of 153 (11,324 Views)
Contributor

Re: Is the MicroCell Service Down?

back online here in San Antonio

Message 106 of 153 (2,648 Views)
Contributor

Back on here in Houston.  I had been worrying.  I just had ATT replace my MicroCell because it had been messing up for months.  Hopefully all is well now.

Message 107 of 153 (2,644 Views)
Scholar

Got up this morning and I'm back online as well.  AT&T still has a ways to go, IMO, regarding customer-facing communications...ironic for a communications company, isn't it...but that said, they did acknowledge relatively quickly that there was an outage, and they were quick to address it.  It's a start and hopefully it will become a trend.

Also, not to underestimate the power of this community, not only did it save a lot of people a lot of potentially wasted time, but it also may have motivated AT&T to address the issue more quickly than they might have otherwise.  More good stuff.

And an interesting side note to all of this, many affected people were reporting three green lights and only the 3G light flashing.  I had the GPS light flashing as well so it appears as though MCell outages can also hose the ability of the MCells to acquire a GPS lock.

Message 108 of 153 (2,578 Views)
Tutor

Back up here in Montgomery Co. in Texas. You are correct in your post AnClar about the posts in the ATT forum about our MicroCells being down. We would have been trying fixes till it just came back up and would have thought it was something we did.

Later

jd

Message 109 of 153 (2,563 Views)
ACE - Master

You are correct about the beauty of this forum. More times than not, outages are reported here first before support is notfied, and all that one can do is go thru the liany of fixes, which is time consuming and frustrating until more information is presented. Customer support rarely monitors this forum as often as we do, so it's really important for someone to call support, and if there is an acknowledgement of an outage, report back here to save others from unnecessary troubleshooting. Keep in mind that this was a major outage so AT&T was more inclined to notify support relatively quickly.  For smaller, more localized outages we may not be so lucky. FWIW, I emailed my support contact over a week ago commenting on the myriad of problems and faux-fixes that support was having folks do (even suggesting that they buy a new MicroCell!). I strongly suggested that there should be better communication with the system engineers and the  1st/2nd level tiers of customer support. I'm trying to get some sort of system status update added to this page but that's a long shot. I will keep pushing though.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 110 of 153 (2,538 Views)
Tutor

It would be so easy.. AT&T has the phone numbers that are registered to the Microcells. They can just send a text message which says that there is a problem and that they are going to solve it. 

BTW, my microcell is also working again...

Thx dudes! ;-)

Message 111 of 153 (2,523 Views)
ACE - Master

blupblup wrote:

It would be so easy.. AT&T has the phone numbers that are registered to the Microcells. They can just send a text message which says that there is a problem and that they are going to solve it. 

BTW, my microcell is also working again...

Thx dudes! ;-)

One would think but that's not going to happen Smiley Sad Maybe a Status page?

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 112 of 153 (2,505 Views)

Also, if your only cell service is your MicroCell, you won't be able to receive text messages when it's down. We're very lucky that many of the people we send text messages to can use Apple's iMessage service so, even though our MicroCell is still non-functional after an entire month, with no apparent progress being made to track down the problem, we can at least send text messages.

Message 113 of 153 (2,500 Views)
ACE - Master

CharlieSchorner wrote:

Also, if your only cell service is your MicroCell, you won't be able to receive text messages when it's down. We're very lucky that many of the people we send text messages to can use Apple's iMessage service so, even though our MicroCell is still non-functional after an entire month, with no apparent progress being made to track down the problem, we can at least send text messages.

Absolutely! iMessage has been very useful for situations like this. If you read my iPhone 5 and MicroCell Speed post, having a solid, reliable WiFi sees to mitigate some of the MicroCell issues if cell connectivity becomes erratic and your phone supports that.

Message 114 of 153 (2,451 Views)

Mine still isn't working and I just got off the phone with AT&T.  They told me 3 states are having issues.  Texas, Arkansas and one other.  They said give it until Tuesday and if it isn't working call back.  I wasted an hour this morning on 2 different calls and no one told me there was an issue.  They told me some still work but they are dropping off randomly and then can't register.  I have one working and one not (3G light flashing).  I had to delete and re-register the now working one to get it back up.

Message 115 of 153 (2,398 Views)
ACE - Master

I think the other state is, or was, Pennsylvania. Some of the reports early last week were from that area with similar issues.

Message 116 of 153 (2,389 Views)

There are many of us in Washington, but I think whoever's looking into our situation is taking an extended holiday. Someone should hook them up with the folks from Texas who seemed to jump right on the situation, debug it and get their customers back up and running. Perhaps now that the outages are getting more widespread an actual network tech will be assigned to do some real investigating.

Message 117 of 153 (2,389 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

I'll send an email now and see if I can find out anything Smiley Frustrated

Message 118 of 153 (2,278 Views)

An interesting new development. Shortly after I got an email alerting me to your post, I got a text message and an email announcing that my MicroCell has been successfully activated. I had done a hard reset, de-activated and re-activated a couple of days ago and it's been sitting there flashing green ever since. It'll be interesting to see if it's still working when I get home this evening!

Message 119 of 153 (2,274 Views)

Mine is still down in Keller, TX (DFW area)

Message 120 of 153 (2,263 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.