What is happening with 3G?
CharlieSchorner's profile

Explorer

• 

29 Messages

Sunday, November 4th, 2012 8:12 PM

Is the MicroCell Service Down?

Around mid-morning on November 1, my MicroCell went offline and has not been able to connect since. Everything else on my network is behaving normally and I've had no interruption in my Internet service. So, I was wondering if someone might know if there's a problem with the service in general? Perhaps something weather-related? If not, is there a way I can verify that my device is ironies not malfunctioning?

Thanks!

Charlie

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

It would be so easy.. AT&T has the phone numbers that are registered to the Microcells. They can just send a text message which says that there is a problem and that they are going to solve it. 

BTW, my microcell is also working again...

Thx dudes! 😉

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

11 years ago

@blupblup wrote:

It would be so easy.. AT&T has the phone numbers that are registered to the Microcells. They can just send a text message which says that there is a problem and that they are going to solve it. 

BTW, my microcell is also working again...

Thx dudes! 😉

One would think but that's not going to happen Smiley Sad Maybe a Status page?

Explorer

• 

29 Messages

11 years ago

Also, if your only cell service is your MicroCell, you won't be able to receive text messages when it's down. We're very lucky that many of the people we send text messages to can use Apple's iMessage service so, even though our MicroCell is still non-functional after an entire month, with no apparent progress being made to track down the problem, we can at least send text messages.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

11 years ago

@CharlieSchorner wrote:

Also, if your only cell service is your MicroCell, you won't be able to receive text messages when it's down. We're very lucky that many of the people we send text messages to can use Apple's iMessage service so, even though our MicroCell is still non-functional after an entire month, with no apparent progress being made to track down the problem, we can at least send text messages.

Absolutely! iMessage has been very useful for situations like this. If you read my iPhone 5 and MicroCell Speed post, having a solid, reliable WiFi sees to mitigate some of the MicroCell issues if cell connectivity becomes erratic and your phone supports that.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Mine still isn't working and I just got off the phone with AT&T.  They told me 3 states are having issues.  Texas, Arkansas and one other.  They said give it until Tuesday and if it isn't working call back.  I wasted an hour this morning on 2 different calls and no one told me there was an issue.  They told me some still work but they are dropping off randomly and then can't register.  I have one working and one not (3G light flashing).  I had to delete and re-register the now working one to get it back up.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

11 years ago

I think the other state is, or was, Pennsylvania. Some of the reports early last week were from that area with similar issues.

Explorer

• 

29 Messages

11 years ago

There are many of us in Washington, but I think whoever's looking into our situation is taking an extended holiday. Someone should hook them up with the folks from Texas who seemed to jump right on the situation, debug it and get their customers back up and running. Perhaps now that the outages are getting more widespread an actual network tech will be assigned to do some real investigating.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

11 years ago

I'll send an email now and see if I can find out anything Smiley Frustrated

Explorer

• 

29 Messages

11 years ago

An interesting new development. Shortly after I got an email alerting me to your post, I got a text message and an email announcing that my MicroCell has been successfully activated. I had done a hard reset, de-activated and re-activated a couple of days ago and it's been sitting there flashing green ever since. It'll be interesting to see if it's still working when I get home this evening!

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

Mine is still down in Keller, TX (DFW area)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.