What is happening with 3G?
CharlieSchorner's profile

Explorer

• 

29 Messages

Sunday, November 4th, 2012 8:12 PM

Is the MicroCell Service Down?

Around mid-morning on November 1, my MicroCell went offline and has not been able to connect since. Everything else on my network is behaving normally and I've had no interruption in my Internet service. So, I was wondering if someone might know if there's a problem with the service in general? Perhaps something weather-related? If not, is there a way I can verify that my device is ironies not malfunctioning?

Thanks!

Charlie

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Thanks - if it wasn't for the community we would still be trying all those "troubleshooting" tips - it's hard in the rural areas when you depend on that tower. Thanks again moleman.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

11 years ago

Support does seem to be getting more responsive once THEY are notified by the system engineers that there is a problem. Let's hope that this trend continues.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I  am in arkansas and my mcell is down also, never had a problem with and all of sudden this morning went to make a call and had no bars, tried recycling and all nothing, all lights are green but the bars are flashing green. Maybe they will fix this soon.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

11 years ago

Report it to Customer Care at the number that moleman_42 posted above. If there aren't any complaints, then AT&T might not be aware of an outage in your area.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I just noticed my M-Cell is back online and my phones are connected! -East Texas

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

back online here in San Antonio

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

11 years ago

Back on here in Houston.  I had been worrying.  I just had ATT replace my MicroCell because it had been messing up for months.  Hopefully all is well now.

Scholar

• 

232 Messages

11 years ago

Got up this morning and I'm back online as well.  AT&T still has a ways to go, IMO, regarding customer-facing communications...ironic for a communications company, isn't it...but that said, they did acknowledge relatively quickly that there was an outage, and they were quick to address it.  It's a start and hopefully it will become a trend.

Also, not to underestimate the power of this community, not only did it save a lot of people a lot of potentially wasted time, but it also may have motivated AT&T to address the issue more quickly than they might have otherwise.  More good stuff.

And an interesting side note to all of this, many affected people were reporting three green lights and only the 3G light flashing.  I had the GPS light flashing as well so it appears as though MCell outages can also hose the ability of the MCells to acquire a GPS lock.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

Back up here in Montgomery Co. in Texas. You are correct in your post AnClar about the posts in the ATT forum about our MicroCells being down. We would have been trying fixes till it just came back up and would have thought it was something we did.

Later

jd

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

11 years ago

You are correct about the beauty of this forum. More times than not, outages are reported here first before support is notfied, and all that one can do is go thru the liany of fixes, which is time consuming and frustrating until more information is presented. Customer support rarely monitors this forum as often as we do, so it's really important for someone to call support, and if there is an acknowledgement of an outage, report back here to save others from unnecessary troubleshooting. Keep in mind that this was a major outage so AT&T was more inclined to notify support relatively quickly.  For smaller, more localized outages we may not be so lucky. FWIW, I emailed my support contact over a week ago commenting on the myriad of problems and faux-fixes that support was having folks do (even suggesting that they buy a new MicroCell!). I strongly suggested that there should be better communication with the system engineers and the  1st/2nd level tiers of customer support. I'm trying to get some sort of system status update added to this page but that's a long shot. I will keep pushing though.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.