What is happening with 3G?
CharlieSchorner's profile

Explorer

• 

29 Messages

Sunday, November 4th, 2012 8:12 PM

Is the MicroCell Service Down?

Around mid-morning on November 1, my MicroCell went offline and has not been able to connect since. Everything else on my network is behaving normally and I've had no interruption in my Internet service. So, I was wondering if someone might know if there's a problem with the service in general? Perhaps something weather-related? If not, is there a way I can verify that my device is ironies not malfunctioning?

Thanks!

Charlie

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I'm having the same problem.  My microcell worked fine (once network issues on my side ironed out) from August 2011 through last night.  I moved to a new house and (much to my surprise) after adding the new address the microcell activated and worked without a problem.  Until last night.

The 3G light started flashing.  I power cycled the unit, and it connected for a short period, then lost connection.  I restarted the router: that didn't help.  I tried deactivating the unit (big mistake).  Now it will not reactivate.

There is nothing new on this end.  The microcell is in a DMZ outside the router, so port forwarding isn't an issue.  Any thoughts?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

11 years ago

Same ISP and modem? Maybe AT&T still had your old address in their GPS database and that's why you connected initially and now the "new" tower doesn't recognize it after re-activating. DMZ doesn't always work so port forwarding to a static IP may be an option for your new location.

Explorer

• 

29 Messages

11 years ago

It doesn't look like AT&T has fixed it for me yet. Do you have a number of people who's service has been restored and continues to function? I'm going to try some experiments before I officially submit a complaint myself. I'm going to try changing some settings from the MicroCell web page, such as disabling automatic handout. There's no cell tower here for me to hand off to anyway, so I really don't need that feature. I'm hoping that, by attempting to push out a change of some sort I may be able to get the service un-stuck. If that one doesn't work, I'll try disableing and reenabling. The box is essentially out of service and disabled anyway, so it's not like the situation can get any worse. When that fails (my expectations are very low), I'll submit a formal complaint. Of course, the MicroCell web page says everything is up and operational.

Voyager

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

me too ... and, I got to a supervisor who knew what she is doing...

She said there is a problem in the southeast

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Yup, same set up completely.  It was working great at the new location for 7 weeks, then just stopped.  This does seem to be a problem with the ATT network in the Southeast.

Explorer

• 

29 Messages

11 years ago

So, here's my situation so far. From the MicroCell settings web page, I "disconnected" the MicroCell and logged out. After about a half hour, I logged back into the MicroCell website and was prompted for the serial number of my device. I entered the number, agreed to all the legal stuff, and was presented with the forms for name and location, which were already filled in with the correct information. The next form had my wife's and my cell phone numbers already assigned to the MicroCell, but not the other two numbers we had previously added.

When the activation screen came up, I powered up the box and waited. The web page indicated successful power up, successful software update (although I didn't detect that any Internet activity was actually taking place), and successful location verification. This process took less than five minutes. I've been watching the "Activation in Progress" bar for an additional 15 minutes now. They say this could take up to 90 minutes, so I'll just let it sit and give it a chance. Perhaps this will actually raise a flag somewhere that something's not right, or maybe it will fix whatever went wrong in the first place. I guess I'll find out in an hour or so.

Explorer

• 

29 Messages

11 years ago

After two hours, still no activation. The settings page informs me that something is wrong and to try all the usual troubleshooting stuff. I'm now on the phone with a rep who says there's an IPSec tunnel problem and is looking into it.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

11 years ago

If memory serves me correctly IPSec Passthru has to be enabled which is listed in the TroubleShooting Guide.

Explorer

• 

29 Messages

11 years ago

I now have an open trouble ticket, so we'll see what excuses are forthcoming!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

My microcell went down Thursday night, 11/08/2012. I tried all of the troubleshooting procedures from powering down, re-checking the router settings, to plugging directly into the cable modem, to deactivating and reactivating to no avail.  I called customer service yesterday, 11/09/2012 after purchasing a new unit since mine was out of warranty.  The microcell would not work either. I attempted to reactivate both microcells on two different routers and neither would reactivate. Customer service rep finally gave me a ticket number after spending a long time on the phone with him.  I was given the date of 11/14/2012 for the ticket resolution day.  I can not get a signal in my house without the microcell. I had to use another phone to even call in. I am using Brighthouse Road Runner in Elmore County AL. Is anyone having trouble in my area?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.