For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
vlad2277's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, November 26th, 2016 8:27 PM

I can't hear anyone for first 10-15 seconds

Hello, could someone help me resolve my 3G MCell issue I'm having for past several weeks.

We have 4 iphones registered with MCell in the house (2 iphone6, and 2 iphone 6s). All were working fine for almost 2 years, but now all those phones have a same common problem:

when receiving incoming calls, or placing outgoing calls, we cannot hear anything for the first 10-15 seconds of the call, after call is answered. Then in's back to normal.

This is what I have tried:

Disconnected MCell. No issues with the calls.

Reset MCell. This did not resolve the problem.

Unregistered, and re-regestered MCell. This did not resolve the problem.

We have no internet connectivity or Wi-Fi issues. All lighhts on MCell device are green.

Please help!

Appreciate your support!

Thanks!

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

7 years ago

Oh I see you have a small company asdl provider. A suggestion go to a friend's house with one of the major service and test it. 90% chance you will get the problem then. A reason why you maybe not getting the problem now is that it is a smaller ISP, and maybe using a different path to reach the microcell gateway.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

7 years ago

Keep filing tickets, and when they fail to resolve it reopen it. This is not a difficult problem, they are failing to dedicate proper resources to resolving it. You can put a million tier 1 tech support and not go anywhere. Or you can assign 1-2 network admins and resolve the problem overnight.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

7 years ago

@cryptmagic - in spite of what you think, this is a much more complicated issue than anyone imagined. Agreed, they should have gotten on top of it a lot sooner but that "tipping point" wasn't reached until I started pushing folks to pm CustomerCare. Once that tipping point was hit, and resources were allocated, the complexity of the problem became apparent. I just talked to the Admins and while there is no firm ETA yet, they are working on the fix. Keep in mind that issues like these, once the problem is known and a fix is worked on, needs have extensive testing to make sure that one, it works, and two, it doesn't break anything else. All I can say is just continue to be patient.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I too have been experiencing this problem for the last two months. I check with my internet provider and had them run a diagnostic on their end (additionally I ran two on my own). I'm way above the minimum requirements for the Microcell. Had not problem with this when I lived in an area with only one bar and no choice. Where I am located now I have two bars at best. Since I work from home several days per week, it's embarrassing to have to ask customers to repeat themselves with every call.

I read your technical guide and followed the various instructions Otto. It's obviously an AT&T issue.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Jacit89 - yes, it is an AT&T issue. Before the issue became as widespread as it is now, and a certain number of complaints were received by CustomerCare, we had folks go thru the usual troubleshooting methods because lots of different problems can result in the same symptoms. The current issue is complicated because not all MicroCell users are affected (me for example) so once the fix is released, and it is coming, AT&T has to make sure that it doesn't break something else. Please continue to be patient.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I have just sent a PM to the link OttyPylot provides in his signature (ATTCustomerCare). I guess it's encouraged that everyone does the same.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

7 years ago

@davidcom - I can't tell you how many have sent pm's to CustomerCare but it is a lot. Hang tight, AT&T IS working on it, seriously.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

7 years ago

@OttoPylot I know they eventually fix it. But it would be interesting if you get the problem on your devices if you switch internet providers.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

7 years ago

@cryptmagic - I don't think it's specific to any one ISP because we've seen this problem with a few different ISP's. I don't mind testing my various MicroCell's but switching ISP's ain't gonna happen Smiley Wink

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I get alternating one second of voice, one second of silence for the first 10-15 seconds of every incoming call.  For a couple of months now.   I just called AT&T and before I finished describing the problem they said "you have port issues."  Then they had me test four ports using http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ 

123 for TCP 

443 for UDP

500 for UDP

4500 for UDP

All four ports tested as "closed."

I was advised to contact my ISP (Comcast) and ask them to open these ports for these protocols, on my Comcast/xfinity router/firewall, I presume.  They wanted the MAC address of the microcell, so apparently Comcast opened those ports ONLY for the microcell and nothing else.  I rebooted the microcell just to be safe.  Guess what?  Didn't fix the problem.  But it entertained me for a half hour!     

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.