What is happening with 3G?
LOOSEGROOVE's profile

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

Tuesday, October 25th, 2016 11:30 PM

How to get OnePlus 3 phone connected to Microcell

I just purchased a OnePlus 3.  I had to go to the AT&T store to get a nano-SIM, since my old phone (Nexus 5) had a micro-SIM.  Everything is setup and working fine.

I have a Microcell at home but my OnePlus didn't connect to it as I expected.  It's the same phone number as the Nexus 5 and I double checked that the number is on the approved list in the Microcell settings.

Anyone know the magic trick to get the OnePlus to connect to the Microcell?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

It may not work. There os may not work right. And the imei numbers can cause problems. Do u get LTE?

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

7 years ago

Nevermind, it's working now.  I had to reboot both the phone and the microcell.  All good now.

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, I do get LTE.  Made sure of that before I left the AT&T store.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

Good...  I hope att allows wifi calling on byop devices in the future then no more microcell.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

7 years ago

Rebooting the phone within the range of the MicroCell is sometimes necessary depending on the phone OS. The phone needs to "register" itself to the MicroCell before connectivity can be established. The IMEI number is only important, as far as the MicroCell goes, if the phone is made for a non-domestic market and AT&T does not have the IMEI in their database. Glad it's up and working.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.