What is happening with 3G?
bbaker1973's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, March 18th, 2017 11:56 PM

How to add a number to MC list using a text message?

How do i add a number to my microcell using a text message

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

7 years ago

It isn't top secret information, just not the best way to add Mcell numbers.  I've never used the text message avenue to update the Approved Users List so I don't know how well it works.   I believe you text "Add" to 6235 (MCEL) if it still works and I think it does.  Let us know if it does.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@bbaker1973 - the best way is to access your myAT&T MicroCell account and add the number that way. If you are trying to use the phone app it is lame and out of date. Besides, you usually need to have the phone within range of the MicroCell and turn the phone off and then on again so the phone can register the MicroCell as part of its cellular network.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I appreciate the response. I was still looking for the way to do it through the text message.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@bbaker1973 - it's not reliable, period.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I didn't ask if it's reliable, I asked for the number to be able to do it. If you don't know it or don't want to share it then just say so. Let me be my own judge on using it. Everytime I used it in the past it was successful, and I have forgotten the number. Didn't realize it was top secret info.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@bbaker1973 - it's not top secret as @Avedis53 said. It just doesn't work all of the time. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Yes it still works thank you again. You were very helpful

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@bbaker1973 - glad to hear @Avedis53 remembered the text number and it worked for you. I'll mark his post as an Accepted Solution for you.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.