For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
dliuzza's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Friday, April 14th, 2017 8:28 PM

Having problems with Mirocell after Spectrum upgraded internet?

My Micro cell keeps rebooting every 2 min now that I am using Spectrum Internet Modum, What can I do?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

Otto would probably say power cord. Still using the same power cable from the old one? Sometimes that can cause issues. Otherwise the issue 95% of the time is something with the internet connection not allowing the MCell to remain connected.

What kind of phones do you have? Because if they're WiFi calling capable that could be another option as well.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

I have pent hrs with AT&T Micro cell support. Booting up, disconnecting & reconnecting, replacing my Micro cell device by way of warranted replacement.

I have also been on the phone with TWC now Spectrum, opening ports, deactivating energy savers, making sure it looks goon on their end.

Nothings seems to stop the looping reboot of the Micro Cell. Help me!!!!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Yes I am using the old power cord. Who knows?

My Smart phones have not seen the micro cell connect in a few weeks. I have older Motorola Moto G Android bassed phone.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

The lights just keep finding all the connectivity, 1 - 2 - 3 -4 internet satellite them the bars go solid the all goes dark and starts again.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

I found a different power cord from my stuff drawer and have plunged that into my Micro Cell and it has lit up and is finding signals again, now we will see.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

You FIXED it. Smiley Very Happy It is now working!!!!!

Thanks you very very much.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

7 years ago

@dliuzza - as @David606 mentioned, if you have the older white MicroCell I'd check the ac adapter with a voltmeter just to rule it out. Easy and quick to do. If AT&T sent you a replacement MicroCell they should have sent you the ac adapter that goes with it. The ac adapter should read 16VDC +/- 0.5 with no load. The output of the adapter with load is 12VDC.

If, as you say the power on the MicroCell goes out completely, then comes back on that does sound like a power issue. Have you had any sudden power outages? It could be that the actual wall outlet has been damaged. I'd try a different outlet to rule that out.

Connection issues (unable to reach the AT&T Mobility Servers for various reasons) are usually indicated by a flashing green of the 3G light, but the other lights are a solid green. 

Check out the adapter and try a different wall outlet and post back your results.

I just noticed after I posted this that you marked the problem as solved. Was it the ac adapter? That's helpful for us to know and for others who may search for a resolution to a similar problem.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

7 years ago

@dliuzza - just make sure that the replacement adapter has the same 12VDC output. It would also be a good idea to check it with a voltmeter to see where it reads to avoid any future issues.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

My brand new moto g6 play won't let me make a call it says it's in airplane mode but it isn't.its been factory reset still does it...sim card has been changed still does it..what do I need to do 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

6 years ago

@matrzgirl - the only reason to put your phone is Airplane Mode is to use the MicroCell instead of WiFi-C (WiFi Calling). You either need to keep Airplane Mode off (which disables the cellular radio if on) or disable WiFi-C, disable Airplane Mode, and allow your phone to connect to the 3G radio of the MicroCell. Some phones can handle this better than others.

I'm not familiar with the Moto G6 (@lizdance40 can you hear me?) so there may be a setting that needs to be enabled, or disabled.

If the phone is capable of WiFi-C then that is the preferred method if this is a MicroCell question. If this is not a MicroCell question then hopefully @lizdance40 can answer it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.