What is happening with 3G?
pthawley's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, January 1st, 2017 6:19 PM

Firmware updates to older white MicroCell's?

Hello!  Recently, I started noticing a lot of warnings in my router log (SonicWALL TZ 210W) about irregular XML files coming from all sorts of interesting source IP Addresses (AOL, MLB, Akamai) all with a target IP of my MicroCell!   It got me thinking....  how does the MicroCell get firmware / software updates?  I don't see any version information in my AT&T Wireless Settings information (here).  Nor do I know of a way to connect a browser directly to the 3G MicroCell device to initiate a software update.  Do this devices auto-update or simply never get updates.

Thanks in advance for any pointers or assistance!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

7 years ago

@pthawley - if there are any firmware pushes available, AT&T will push them out late at night, during the maintenance window when it is least likely to interfere. The MicroCell is a totally closed system. So other than what you can do on your myAT&T MicroCell Settings page, that's it.

I rarely check my router logs to see what is hitting my MicroCell because when I've checked, nothing's been there that has aroused suspicion. As long as you don't use the MicroCell as a passthrough (the older white MicroCells had a Computer port that has since been removed with the newer model) you should be ok.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.