For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
Chvcvkw's profile

Mentor

• 

19 Messages

Wednesday, March 26th, 2014 2:53 PM

Closed

External GPS antenna

Why does no one at at&t know you can plug in an external antenna into a microcell?  why does no one at at&t know where to get and external gps antenna?  why does no one at at&t know what the part number for the external gps antenna is?  Why would cisco partner with a company that wont educate it's employees on their products?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

The external GPS antenna is mentioned in my Guide (see link in my sig) or you can Google it and find all kinds of external antennas that will work with the MicroCell's antenna input. I think they can go up to 50' in length depending on how much you want to pay. The tip of the antenna still has to be next to a window with an unobstructed view of the sky.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

10 years ago

Can't answer your questions about why.  It isn't even mentioned in the User Guide.

Be that as it may, you can get an external GPS antenna w/25 feet of cable for the Mcell at Amazon for $10.95 w/free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/AT-Cisco-MicroCell-Antenna-DPH151/dp/B006LEDZX8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1395849496&sr=8-2&keywords=microcell+external+antenna

Mentor

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks Guys both good answers.  Now if ATT can educate it's staff about what it sells and how it works instead of over/up selling they might not    everyone.

[word filter avoidance]

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

10 years ago

I don't think you can buy an external antenna for the Mcell on AT&T's website either.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

Why AT&T never included the antenna or even mention it in their manual, or on the website, is a question I've asked them many times and never received a satisfactory answer. The reason most of support doesn't know about it is that they were never informed in the first place for reasons only known to AT&T Senior Management.

Mentor

• 

19 Messages

10 years ago

Att acts so goofy about the microcell i just dont understand it.  We have accounts with the "Big 3" cell companies and both sprint and VZW include the antenna and their people are educated on it.  I used to call my sprint rep for antenna for my att equipment but now i am making AT&T own up to their "support" claims.  Hasnt happened yet.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

I would just use Avedis53's link or Google one. Install it, and if it works, you're done. That's why I put the antenna info in my Guide because AT&T didn't and it has helped some.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I have both types of Microcell the DPH-151 anmd DPH-154.  I don't see an "Antenna" input on the DPH-154 like the DPH-151..   Am I missing something?

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

9 years ago

No. Cisco/AT&T did away with the external antenna port as well as the Computer port on the new model DPH-154.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

So with the newest DPH154 Cell, with no attend port, how do you extend the GPS range?  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.