Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Deactivation

Highlighted
Contributor

Deactivation

My device Cisco dph-154 was given to me by an ex AT&T customer. She no longer has the AT&T activation ID nor password to deactivate her devices. How can I activate to my account without her deactivating?" in The Community.

Message 1 of 2
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Community Manager (Community Manager)
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM
‎11-12-2018 8:25 AM

Re: Deactivation

@Bcuz123 - You can’t.  Only the original owner can do that from their myAT&T MicroCell Settings page. There is no activation id other than the users post paid AT&T cellular account phone number. This is done for security, and other reasons.

The MicroCell service itself is on borrowed time because it reached its EOL at the end of 2017. Service will continue for the time being but support will become less and less as time progresses. I would seriously consider switching to WiFi-C (WiFi Calling) if you have poor in-home coverage and your phone supports it. Your other options are a cellular booster (see my Cellular Booster Guide, link is in my sig line), switch carriers, or possibly try Google Voice.

MicroCell Technical Guide by OttoPylot

Cellular Booster Guide by OttoPylot

"Quick Tips: My Microcell Doesn't Work"

I am not an AT&T employee.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support