What is happening with 3G?
Kdmathis's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, February 7th, 2016 2:22 PM

Deactivate microcell

I am no longer with att and I want to deactivate my microcell to resell to someone who needs one. How do I insuse it is deactivated and can be used by the next person?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Just go to your myAT&T MicroCell page, delete the information, and then click Deactivate. It should only take a day or so for it to go thru the system so that the serial number is no longer associated with your account. After that, it should be good to go.

Scholar

• 

218 Messages

8 years ago

Since you are no longer with ATT&T you do not have an account you can access to deactivate. You pretty much have a brick.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

8 years ago

That's what I was thinking also.....

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

I read that too quick this morning and thought he said he didn't need his MicroCell anymore and missed the part about canceling his AT&T service altogether. It would be nice to know though if one can still access his myAT&T page after canceling AT&T service to deactivate the MicroCell. Might be a nice addition to the Tech Guide reminding folks to deactivate the MicroCell BEFORE canceliing AT&T service.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

8 years ago

Add it to the Tech Guide.  This should be done before parting ways with AT&T unless you need an extra doorstop.......

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Yep. I've got a lot of stuff to add so I think instead of going to version 1.9 I'll just combine the info and go to version 2.0, which may be the last update.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

How can you deactivate a microcell if you obtain it from someone who didn't deactivate it before selling it?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@GDGreer1 - It is very difficult, if not impossible. The reason being is if the account associated with the MicroCell is still active, AT&T is reluctant to deactivate it because they have no way of knowing if the MicroCell was stolen or not. Besides, the MicroCell was discontinued at the end of last year so AT&T has no incentive to deactivate it.

Scholar

• 

218 Messages

6 years ago

If the person you got it from still has the AT&T account, get them to deactivate. Otherwise you are out of luck.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I contacted AT&T via chats two times and explained I was no longer a customer and wanted to get my Microcell deactivated so that I could sell it.  Both times they indicated that by resetting the device by inserting a paper clip into the reset hole while the device was plugged in, will deactivate the device.  Anyone have information on the accuracy of this?  They stated I could use a copy of the chat for proof that it would be deactivated by doing this.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.