What is happening with 3G?
Skyping's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, June 18th, 2018 6:34 PM

DPH154 will not connect to Carrier network

Carrier network light is blinking green. All other lights are solid green.  I have unplugged Ethernet cable and power several times.  I have reset micro cell.  I’m wondering if there is a way  to check my microcell before I trash it.  I bought it on Facebook Marketplace and there is no taking it back.  It looked like a brand new device that had never been used.  Cords were wrapped in plastic and quick start as well as user guide present.  

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@Skyping - Carrier network? You need to be more specific. The MicroCell will only work on AT&T's cellular network and requires a land-based internet connection such as DSL, cable, or fiber. You need to have a post paid AT&T cellular account to register/activate the MicroCell.

Which MicroCell, white or black? You also need to check that ALL of the minimum router requirements are being met as listed in my Tech Guide (link is in my sig line).

Do keep in mind that sales of the MicroCell were discontinued at the end of 2017. AT&T claims they will continue to support the MicroCell (whatever that means) but the service will eventually be discontinued altogether at some point in the future. What AT&T, and us recommend now is WiFi-C (WiFi Calling) if your phone supports it and you have an AT&T post paid cellular account. Otherwise, your options are to purchase a cellular booster (see my Cellular Booster Guide, link is also in my sig line), switch carriers, or possibly try Google Voice.

CORRECTION: I see you mentioned the DPH-154, which is the black model and the last model for the MicroCell.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you for responding. AT&T is my cellular provider and my internet, WIFI privider. I have an IPhone 5s. The microcell appears to be working except for the top indicator which is the Network Carrier indicator. It is blinking green. AT&T told me to get a new phone to solve my problems. But there is nothing wrong with the one I have. I did not want the expense of a new phone. I recently
moved to a home with a tin roof. My phone works well outside my house. But doesn't work at all in the home. I was hoping the microcell would solve my problem.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@Skyping - what AT&T is recommending, and us as well, is to upgrade your phone to one that is WiFi-C capable (iPhone 6 or greater) so you don't need a MicroCell. I had a home with a metal roof and had no issues at all with our MicroCell(s). 

A flashing green 3G light could be caused by a number of things. Have you checked to ensure that ALL of the minimum router requirements are being met as listed in my Tech Guide? AT&T Support is pretty much clueless on the MicroCell (the reason why I wrote my Tech Guide and QuickTips guide).

Do you have a post paid account?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.