Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Are you impacted by the government shutdown? We’re here to help.  Learn more 

Connecting my device to Microcell issues

Connecting my device to Microcell issues

Iphone 6, when I come and go my cell phone doesn't auto connect to the microcell. I am forced to restart my cell phone nearly overtime. Any suggestions for making the auto connection more seamless?

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Expert

Re: Connecting my device to Microcell issues

@SAmicrocell - did the iPhone ever hand off to the MicroCell correctly? Check on your myAT&T MicroCell Settings page and see if Hand 0ff is enabled.

MicroCell Technical Guide by OttoPylot

Cellular Booster Guide by OttoPylot

"Quick Tips: My Microcell Doesn't Work"

I am not an AT&T employee.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7

My iPhone has connected automatically here and then, but is not regular and most often I have to restart my cell. I will check my handoff setting now. 

Message 3 of 7
ACE - Professor

Since your iPhone 6 is WiFi Calling compatible, I would use WiFi-C instead of a Mcell for providing coverage in your home unless you have other phones in your house that are not WiFi-C compatible.

Do you have other phones using the Mcell besides your iPhone 6?

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 7

Morning, yes there are additional iPhones but they are all 6S or 7’s. Wifi-C? is that a different setting on our phones or wifi router (Apple airport)?
Message 5 of 7

Morning, yes there are additional iPhones but they are all 6S or 7’s. Wifi-C? is that a different setting on our phones or wifi router (Apple airport)?
Message 6 of 7
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by SAmicrocell
‎04-21-2017 9:43 AM

@SAmicrocell - @Avedis53 is correct. If all of your phones are WiFi-C capable I'd give that a try. I prefer WiFi-C instead of the MicroCell because call quality and reliability is generally better than the MicroCell. What I would do is disable the MicroCell (turn off power). Then go to Settings -> Phone -> Wi-Fi Calling and enable that feature. Your router is not involved at all so there is nothing there to configure. If I remember correctly you have to register you location the first time you enable WiFi-C because of FCC E911 regulations but that's straight forward. Enabling WiFi-C is phone specific so you will have to setup each phone. Keep in mind that WiFi-C is only as good as your WiFi connection so anything that affects your WiFi may affect WiFi-C. As a side note, do not enable WiFi Assist on your phones. It has nothing to do with WiFi-C and can chew up your data plan.

If you do want to keep the MicroCell up and running for non-WiFi-C capable phones, you will have to enable Airplane Mode on the WiFi-C phones because they will preferentially seek a cellular signal instead of a WiFi signal for voice and you will have issues.

MicroCell Technical Guide by OttoPylot

Cellular Booster Guide by OttoPylot

"Quick Tips: My Microcell Doesn't Work"

Tags (1)
Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support