What is happening with 3G?
JewelsR's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, March 22nd, 2017 2:16 AM

Cell won't connect to microcell for first 15seconds of call

Started in Nov 2016.  We have horrible service here in the middle of Denver so need a microcell.  But now anytime I get a call here at home, I can't hear anything for about 15secs.  Strangely, the caller can hear me.  Frustrating to yell everyone to wait and start in a few seconds.  Robot calls are impossible!

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

7 years ago

@JewelsR - this issue has been going on for some MicroCell users for a few months now. The issue is not network wide but does affect different ISPs, regions, and models of phones. Some MicroCell users have not experienced any problems at all, such as myself, and that is why this particular issue has been so difficult for AT&T to isolate and fix. They are testing a fix now in select areas to make sure that the fix will work and not break anything else. Calling Support is pretty much useless because they really haven't a clue as to what is going on and will have you try all kinds of things, even replace the MicroCel for you. There is no ETA as of yet when a fix will be rolled out globally. Unfortunately, you'll just have to be patient. It took lots and lots of complaints to CustomerCare before a certain tipping point was reached so that AT&T could prioritize the problem and allocate the necessary resources.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.