For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
prsnow2's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, July 2nd, 2013 2:54 AM

Can't find location

Hello, I'm having an issue with the 3g microcell.

I try to enter the address to my home where my tower is set up but the problem is it keeps saying it can't find the address when i put it in. I know for the fact its the right address because well.. I live here.

Thanks for the help in advance! 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

11 years ago

Do you live in a rural area or a brand new development? Is the ethernet and GPS light a solid green? Is the MicroCell within 18" of a window with an unobstructed view of the sky? Basically, how do you have it setup?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Pretty much a 100 year old house (seriously) but its a really small small town in Colorado called Green Mountain Falls.
Everything besides computer (its not lit up) is steady green. Just the last one on the bottom (with all the bars which i assume is the 3G) is flashing red. Its by 5 windows. Lots of trees though.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

11 years ago

The flashing red 3G light usually means a hardware failure. However, it could also mean that an update was sent by AT&T and the MicroCell didn't reset itself properly and it thinks it's broken. You can try a hard reset by pushing in the reset button on the back and hold it for about 30 seconds. The MicroCell should be within 18" of a window and the view of the sky should be unobstructed. You can attach an extension GPS antenna if there is another window that has a clearer view of the sky. However, if the GPS light is solid green that means you have GPS lock and AT&T can verify your coordinates. The GPS coordinates have to match what is in the AT&T locational database based on your physical address which is the billing address for your wireless account. Sometimes if you live in a rural area AT&T's database doesn't match the GPS coordinates so it can' verify your location. However, that usually results in the 3G light blinking green because it can't properly activate the unit. See if the hard reset fixes the blinking red 3G light first. BTW, your interent speeds should be at least 3/0.5. Did you get the unit from AT&T or off of eBay?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Nope, from the AT&T store.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

11 years ago

Try the hard reset and see if that clears up the blinking red 3G light.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.