For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
Ostrom808's profile

Voyager

• 

1 Message

Thursday, March 22nd, 2018 4:16 AM

Can’t activate microcell

Purchased “new in box” white microcell from eBay. We have AT&T internet - fiber 1000.  Microcell connected to Ethernet and sitting in window.  

GPS light is solid.  Nothing on 3G.  I’ve tried many times to activate and wait 90min over the last two days.  

Smart home one manager shows Cisco device as connected. 

Called 800-331-0500 today and she de-activated and deactivated microcell and told me it would be working in 90min.  Nothing has happened in last 2hrs.  

Got “MicroCell online activation submitted” email yesterday the first attempt - but no text / email saying it was completed.  

Got a Mido verification number text - is that related to any of this?  What do I do with that 4 digit number? 

Any help greatky appreciated!!

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

6 years ago

@Ostrom808 -  the white MicroCell's are the old versions. It's either a DPH-151 or a 153. The newest, and last model was the black DPH-154. The MicroCell was discontinued at the end of 2017 which is why AT&T does not sell them anymore. AT&T says they will support the MicroCell thru this year but I'm not sure how much support you will actually get. WiFi-C (WiFi Calling) is what we, and AT&T, recommend now if your phone is capable of WiFi-C. The MicroCell service will eventually be discontinued as well but no end date has been announced.

I have no idea what a Mido verification number is.  The MicroCell should be connected directly to your router and you need to make sure that ALL of the minimum router requirements for the MicroCell are being met. Please see my Tech Guide (link is in my sig line) for setup and router requirements or refer to my QuickTips guide.

I'm not familiar with the SmartHome Manager as I have never used one but it could be an incompatibility between how it prioritizes your other devices and the MicroCell. The MicroCell needs to maintain a 24x7 secure VPN connection to the AT&T Mobility Servers. If all of the lights on the MicroCell are a solid green but the 3G light is flashing (I'm assuming green), then something is interfering with the connection. A good way to check is to connect the MicroCell directly to the modem, bypassing the router or the SmartHome Manager altogether. If activation is successful, then the problem is either the router or the SmartHome Manager.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.