Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Best Micro cell ?

Mentor

Best Micro cell ?

I have a CIsco Microcell Model DPH151-AT, 

I've had it for a while, is there a better option available now?

TIA

Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by kallard
‎10-12-2017 11:37 AM

Re: Best Micro cell ?

@kallard - the best option is to use WiFi-C (WiFi Calling) if your phone is capable of that. The call quality and reliability is much better. AT&T, and us, will not be supporting the MicroCell forever so upgrading your phone would be best.

As far as the "best" MicroCell, the black DPH-154 is the newest model and probably the end of the line. It has a smaller footprint and newer radios, but they did away with the Computer port (which was useless and problematic) and the external antenna port. Otherwise, it's functionality (3G only) is the same as its predecessors. The downside of your model is the ac adapter. If you are using the original adapter that came with it they do fail after awhile causing all kinds of odd issues. See my Quick Tips (link is in my sig line).

MicroCell Technical Guide by OttoPylot

Cellular Booster Guide by OttoPylot

"Quick Tips: My Microcell Doesn't Work"

I am not an AT&T employee.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 3
Mentor

Re: Best Micro cell ?

many thanks !

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support