For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
CommunityID2017's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, March 1st, 2017 3:00 PM

ATT Microcells

I have acquired several recycled 3G Microcells and would like to reuse them so they do not go to waste but am having issues with regards to finding out if they are still registered to their previous owners or not. I have no way of knowing if they were ever registered or continue to be, in which case I would like to clear them and re-register them new users. Please advise me as to a course of action. I have contacted customer support by phone but the representative was unable to grasp my situation and provide any answers. I don't see why this is so difficult as I am looking to add several more customers to the ATT network.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

7 years ago

@CommunityID2017 - this is one of the problems of purchasing used MicroCells. If they have not been removed by the previous owner from their myAT&T MicroCell Settings page, the units are still associated with the AT&T Wireless account that they were registered with, and this is tied to the serial number of the MicroCell.  Canceling service with AT&T doesn't always "release" the MicroCell from that account. All you can do is try to register/activate one. If you can't, and get some of account error message, that's the reason.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.