For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
stuartbell's profile

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

Thursday, June 15th, 2017 8:27 AM

AT&T took away my MicroCell, driving me to another carrier. M phone is locked. What should I do?

I have been an AT&T customer since Bellsouth Mobility - the Judge Green days.

My home is in a limited coverage area, so AT^T sold me a MicroCell - and all was good.

I converted to Gophone at the suggestion of the AT&T store, my Microcell worked for many more months.

My phone failed and AT&T sent me to a third party since they no longer offer IPHONE 5S phones.

My My microcell continued to work for several more months until it began failing and had to be reset frequently.

AT&T shipped me a warranty Microcell and said I could call to have it registered.

When I called, they refused to register my new Microcell and took my someties failing out of registeration.

Good ended - I no longer had home phone service on my Gophone.

I went to the store, they suggested I change carriers.

I picked out another carrier and found my Gophone, purchased for cash in April, was LOCKED.

We are dancing about trying to unlock it so I can recover my home phone service.

I'm leaving for a foreign trip and have purchased a SIM card to use on the trip - but it requires an unlocked phone.

Is there any way I can stay with AT&T with my Microcell for home and either get my phone unlocked or purchase AT&T roaming minutes to use on my trip?

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

7 years ago

@stuartbell - if the GoPhone, which is a pre paid phone, is the only phone you have and is the one that you are trying to register/activate the MicroCell with it won't work because the MicroCell requires a post paid AT&T account for registration/activation. There has always been some "carryover" with MicroCell's that were originally registered/activated with a post paid account and then the number was switched to a pre paid account (GoPhone). It takes AT&T a long time to coordinate the phone numbers to the accounts.

Bottom line, if your primary phone is now a GoPhone, which is a pre paid account, you will not be able to use the MicroCell because it requires a post paid, AT&T account to register/activate, regardless of how it was setup before, period. As to unlocking for your phone for roaming, I can't answer that so you might want to post that specific question to one of the other forums.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

To unlock the phone, which may have been purchased as a Gophone, submit unlock here

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1108214

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

What phone did you buy in April? If it was the iPhone SE gophone, you paid less than full retail for that phone and it will not be unlocked until you complete the 6 month requirement. If you can prove you paid full retail price for whatever phone you bought, you should be able to get an exception to the 6 month policy by contacting @ATTMobilityCare via private message.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

7 years ago

@sandblaster and @lizdance40 - thanks for the unlock info. That's out of my area of expertise.

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

7 years ago

Did that. System says they sent me a confirmation email. Do email arrived. Like Clinton, I operate my own server so in addition to checking spam, I checked the server logs. No email.

The system says, "submit request again" but when I try it says, "request in progress."

Agent on phone, one of several, has no idea how to break the logjam.

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

7 years ago

Did that. System says they sent me a confirmation email. Do email arrived. Like Clinton, I operate my own server so in addition to checking spam, I checked the server logs. No email.

The system says, "submit request again" but when I try it says, "request in progress."

Agent on phone, one of several, has no idea how to break the logjam.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

Wait 24 hours.  Submit with a public email like yahoo.  (Which filter nothing)

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

7 years ago

Like Hillary, I operate the server for my email. While it dies filter spam, it also logs and retains everything.

Tech support. At Att can't show where and when they sent it.

In the meantime, I have no home phone since my microcell was disabled.

They also don't permit wifi calling on an iPhone 5s

Thank u for the he

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

7 years ago

Like Hillary, I operate the server for my email. While it dies filter spam, it also logs and retains everything.

Tech support. At Att can't show where and when they sent it.

In the meantime, I have no home phone since my microcell was disabled.

They also don't permit wifi calling on an iPhone 5s

Thank u for the he

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

7 years ago

@stuartbell - AT&T doesn't prevent WiFi-C on the iPhone 5S, Apple does. That's why when I had to upgrade my iPhone 5 quickly, I upgraded to the 5SE which supports WiFi-C.

What was AT&T supposed to send?

Do you currently have a post paid AT&T cellular account or is it a pre paid account?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.