What is happening with 3G?
rjniles's profile

Scholar

• 

218 Messages

Saturday, June 3rd, 2017 9:39 PM

AT&T deactivated my Micro Cell

Otto,

Here is a strange one for you. As I have said in previous post I have 2 Micro Cells registered on my account. I only have one physically connected and the other I keep as a spare. If I have a problem with the active one I just plug in the spare. I received a text a few days ago from AT&T that they were deactivating my spare as I had not been using it. The text went on to tell me how to reactivate the Micro Cell if I wished to start using it.

This may be attempt too help people who buy or are given Micro Cells that people no longer use but have never removed from there account. Kind of screws me up though. Maybe I will reactivate and just switch them out every few months.

Scholar

• 

218 Messages

7 years ago

Here is the exact wording of the text:

AT&T Free Msg: On 07/01/17 we'll deactivate your unused AT&T MicroCell since it is no longer connected. You don't have to do a thing.  If you still need your MicroCell, go to att.com/mcellconnect for more information.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

7 years ago

@rjniles - yeah, I've got a call into the Admins on that. I received the same message a couple of months ago but I thought it was because I have two MicroCell's registered to my account but only have one active MicroCell setup. I just deactivated the old MicroCell and all has been fine. I figured AT&T was just cleaning house for MicroCell's that aren't in use. I have a feeling that it is a message that is being sent by accident to active as well as inactive accounts. I'll post once I get something definitive from the Admins.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.