For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
WarrenDavis's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, August 14th, 2017 3:56 PM

AT&T Microcell Issue

My router(a firewall device) has 1 port for each subnet. I first connected an unmanaged switch to the subnet port for the microcell and a computer. The microcell works normally when connected to the switch. I changed the switch to a managed switch that services 3 subnets to simplify my network. I set up a separate vlan for the microcell and its network as access ports to isolate the subnet. This worked normally for months but quit working suddenly. My iphones now will not connect with the managed switch. The LEDs on the black microcell are all solid green and firewall logs show connection to the AT&T servers with nothing blocked. If I revert to the unmanaged switch everything works after a delay. The LEDs go solid green quickly and iphones connect after 1-2 hours. Any ideas or solutions?

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

7 years ago

@WarrenDavis - the MicroCell needs to maintain a solid, 24x7 connection to the AT&T Mobility Servers. Nothing can modify or interrupt the connection like a managed switch may do. You need to keep your connection to the MicroCell as simple as possible. Port forwarding to a statically assigned address based on the MicroCell's MAC address would be one way to keep it a bit more stable and secure. I have four open ports on my router so I just dedicated one to the MicroCell with a direct cable to port connection. Solid as a rock.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.