What is happening with 3G?
jimdarcy's profile

Mentor

• 

70 Messages

Tuesday, May 26th, 2015 4:52 PM

AT&T Microcell App iOS

Hello All, 

I am able to use a browser and control my Microcell, but the app will not permit me to log in.  Lots of complaints saying combined and unified accounts can't use the app.  My error is "not sucessfully authenticated".

I have an open case with AT&T CM****.  AT&T said they would get back to me by 5/19, nothing yet.

Any help out there?

thanks

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

9 years ago

I don't use the iOS app so I can't comment other than I understand it may be limited in that it's not as fully functional as the web-based myAT&T page.

I would send a pm to CustomerCare (link in my sig) with your question and account information and see if they can help.

Mentor

• 

70 Messages

9 years ago

ATT did not resolve my case. They deny that a microcell app exists.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

9 years ago

Interesting. I know it did at one time but I never found it that useful so I didn't download it. It could be that the app has been pulled for lack of use and support. Let me see what I can find out.

Scholar

• 

187 Messages

9 years ago

I still have it on my iphone 6 plus, and I just checked and it's still in the app store.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

9 years ago

@jimdarcy - yes, there is still an iOS app. The support person mislead you. Sorry about that. There have been login issues reported using your myAT&T credentials. Try using your AT&T credentials (cell phone number and pw) and see if that works any better.

Mentor

• 

70 Messages

9 years ago

thanks for confirming that the app is still in use.  I have tried all of my att credentials.  The tricky thing about the iOS app login is they ask for your ATT access ID.  The other issue people report is once their accounts are "combined" or "unified" they have been unable to use the app.  

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

9 years ago

The Admins are looking into this. I had one dl the app and try to login (even though she doens't have a MicroCell) and it asked for an ID the Access ID. There is definitely something wonky about the app but it may  take a while to get it fixed (things do move slowly at AT&T). I'll mention the other issue  you just brought up but they are following your posts as well.

Mentor

• 

70 Messages

9 years ago

I do appreciate the follow up on this issue.  Let mw know if I can provide further info.

Jim

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

9 years ago

I think we're ok for now. Just don't expect a quick response from AT&T or even a quick fix. If the app isn't being used widely and there aren't a lot of complaints, allocating resources may be an issue.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @jimdarcy

I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the Microcell app on iOS! I’d be happy to help! Can you please send me a private message by Clicking Here and include the following information?

• Full name
  • Email address
  • Cell number
  • App version
  • iOS version (Settings > General > About)
  • Device IMEI (Settings > General > About)
  • Microcell Serial Number
  • Case number

Thanks!

Charise

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.