Helpful Links

AT&T 3GMicroCell Problems

Contributor

AT&T 3GMicroCell Problems

All the lights are solid green on my Microcell, which means it thinks it is working properly, but none of my approved devices can connect to it as of the morning of 07/24/14. It worked fine the night before.

I power-cycled an approved device (iPhone 5). It still did not work.

I power-cycled the MicroCell. It still did not work.

I power-cycled the approved device again for good measure. It still does not work.

None of the troubleshooting steps on the Microcell website helped.

Message 1 of 2
ACE - Master

Re: AT&T 3GMicroCell Problems

By solid green I assume you mean the Power, Ethernet, GPS, and 3G (top to bottom). Does your primary phone (account holder) connect or is it just the phones on the Approved User List (what I call the guest list)?

I'm not sure what you mean by the MicroCell Website. Are you refering to the Help found on the new AT&T Forums or are you refering to the MicroCell Technical Guide (link is in my sig or in the "sticky" at the top of this page).

It may be that the MicroCell reset itself after nightly maintenance and a hard reset needs to be performed to clear out any "gremlins" that may be stuck in the system. Disconnect the power to the MicroCell, hold in the reset button on the back on the unit (small hole in the back at the top) with a paperclip and restore power. Keep holding in the reset button for about 30 seconds and then release it. The MicroCell will go thru the entire Initial Activation process (GPS lock, tower location, etc) so that may take a few minutes. On the iPhone, you can also try Reset Network Settings. You may lose some settings (login stuff, settings, etc) so make sure you write them down or remember to check.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

"Quick Tips: My Microcell Doesn't Work"

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTMobilityCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Announcements

Learn how connect your AT&T holiday gifts at Unwrapped on Wednesday, 12/27 (1-4pm ET)!

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Additional Support