What is happening with 3G?
sridarkp's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, June 8th, 2013 11:06 PM

AT&T 3G MicroCell Causes Interference

Friends,

YES. AT&T 3G MicroCell not only causes interference to wi-fi, but it also causes interference with your regular chordless phones. So keep the MicroCell at least one foot away from any of the following devices that works based on wireless transmissions: Chordless phone base-unit, Wireless router, Airport, etc., The documentation of 3G MicroCell talks only about wi-fi devices and about other devices.Smiley Frustrated

I want to post this in the interenet everywhere possible, so that it comes up in the internet search of anyone struggling to resolve a problem due to AT&T 3G MicroCell. In fact, to resolve this problem, A&T blamed on Vonage and AT&T wanted me to sign-up into a ConnecTech service program paying $15 per month for 12 months.Smiley Surprised Watchout !!!Smiley Mad

Cheers to everyone !

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@sridarkp - or just read my Tech Guide for factual information. The MicroCell should be placed at least 2' from any wireless device in most cases. However, I've had my cordless phone base unit and my router close to my MicroCell at times when we were rearranging the room and there was no issues at all. Vonage is known to cause interference at times with the MicroCell because of the protocols that it uses for VoIP.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@bobcshaw - was that a hard reset of the MicroCell or the Westell?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Otto, the hard reset and software update was on the Westell 7550 modem. After reading about others' issues, I thought the microcell was causing the issues. I wonder how many of the other people having issues are really having modem issues instead of microcell? That's why I posted this.

If this is a duplicate post, I appologize, I couldn't tell if my first reply actually posted. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Thanks for posting back. Quite often the issues are with the router and not the MicroCell because folks don't want to believe it's their hardware.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.