What is happening with 3G?
sridarkp's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, June 8th, 2013 11:06 PM

AT&T 3G MicroCell Causes Interference

Friends,

YES. AT&T 3G MicroCell not only causes interference to wi-fi, but it also causes interference with your regular chordless phones. So keep the MicroCell at least one foot away from any of the following devices that works based on wireless transmissions: Chordless phone base-unit, Wireless router, Airport, etc., The documentation of 3G MicroCell talks only about wi-fi devices and about other devices.Smiley Frustrated

I want to post this in the interenet everywhere possible, so that it comes up in the internet search of anyone struggling to resolve a problem due to AT&T 3G MicroCell. In fact, to resolve this problem, A&T blamed on Vonage and AT&T wanted me to sign-up into a ConnecTech service program paying $15 per month for 12 months.Smiley Surprised Watchout !!!Smiley Mad

Cheers to everyone !

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

8 years ago

An earlier poster in this thread had a problem with his Mcell jamming his ADT security system which happened to operate on 850 MHz also.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Thanks. I looked around a bit to see if I could fine the frequency of his headphones but was unsuccesful. The frequency bleed would make sense if they are that close. Too bad. They look like nice headphones.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Has anyone had this problem, and if so, how did you fix it? Installed an MCell in November. Reception was great on both ends of a call. 6 months later, reception at location w MCell is still good, but person on the other end of the call can't hear the conversation. Why would the MCell service suddenly change and why would it the reception on the other end of the Mcell call be sporadic? Thx.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

8 years ago

From what little you've posted, I'd say that you should check out your internet connection.  One-way or garbled voice quality is a sign of a substandard internet connection.  You should check your internet connection for VOIP quality several times during the day to see how much it varies.

Run this and post your latency, download and upload bandwidth results:  http://speedtest.net

Run this and post the results under the "Advanced tab":  http://voiptest.8x8.com

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

I'd suggest using DSLReports, they give really accurate latency results as part of the regular test, and have a jitter test there as well.

You can have screaming fast speeds, but terrible latency and jitter, and your VOIP (and most things that use streaming) will be a jumble, every time...

*If this (or another post in this thread) fixes your problem/issue, please mark it as solved, and I'll tag it, to make it easier for others to find the answer(s). Thanks.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Thank you. I'll check it out.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

By all means do run a VoIP test. We've had very good results using the site that Avedis53 suggested, and is listed in my Tech Guide along with other pertinent VoIP information. Run the test a couple of different times during the day. Running it once only gives you  snapshot in time so what you want is an average, overtime, to give you a more realistic picture of your line quailty.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Awesome, thx. Will report my findings.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Great. Do keep in mind that if your VoIP results are less than desireable the fix is totally up to your ISP. There is nothing that AT&T can do to correct your connection.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I was having a problem with the microcell blocking the wifi signal to my iPhone 5s cell phone. I couldn't even get Speedtest to run on the phone. After several calls to AT&T, I finally got to the correct Tech Support person, who determined that my Westell 7550 wireless router had a software issue. She talked me through a hard reset and a software reload, and Wha la, it works great again. So, if your 4g LTE phone isn't working with your  microcell, you may want to check with Tech Support. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.