What is happening with 3G?
themcks's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, January 21st, 2014 12:04 AM

3g Microcell and Charter Cable

Hi

I have had a 3g microcell for over a year.  Suddenly this week the 3g light starts flashing and phones no longer connect.  I have:

deavtivate and reactivated too many times to count

factory reset my modem, router, microcell

replaced microcell with new one

opened all ports listed in various posts and att support site

turned cellular data and 3g data off on iphone

used priority set up (modem then 3gMC then router, this is how I am configured now)

What ever I try, there is still no connection back to att network.  ATT support says it must be charter cable and charter cable says it is att.  The only port I can not touch is 123 NTP.  I don't know what is hooked up to it, but it is not accessible to me.  However, using the priority config should bypass any port issues...right?

Please help.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

As soon as the issue is corrected, I will start a new thread notifying everyone that their MicroCell's should be up and running. It may take a day or so for the fix to propagate through the affected area are so please be patient. There is nothing that AT&T can do at this point in time. The troubleshooting message posted above is a generic troubleshooting technique but this particluar issue can't be fixed by the above method.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Just signed up to submit my first post

I like many others in Fort Worth Texas 76107 am suddenly experiencing the blinking green light.

I have tried ever suggested fix and am at my whits end. I run a company from my home office and I am no longer able to use my cellphone - major problem.

I have to get this resolved ASAP - my question, what is the best way to get a prompt response from either charter and or Att.

Would anyone advise I simply drop charter and go with someone else?

Or is there another option with regards to signal boosting for an iPhone 5?

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

As stated a few posts up, the issue is on Charter's end and they are trying very hard to fix it. A fix will probably come but it's going to take awhile. There is nothing that AT&T can do.

I don't know of any way to "boost" an iPhone signal without a femtocell.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

We just pushed the code fix out to the Benbrook area (SW Ft. Worth).  If you live in that area (or close by), please let me know if your issue is resolved.  Thanks.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

76107 issue is not resolved

Can you kindly supply an eta

I truly am grateful for the prompt feedback and responses.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

These fixes are not easy to configure so try to be patient. I completely understand your frustration but Charter will get this fixed as fast as they can.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

I am in the Benbrook area where the patch was pushed to. Unfortunately I am still having trouble but charter has been very attentive in understanding that the patch didn't work and are continuing to look into it. I have talked to several neighbors who also are still down. Just curious if anyone has had any luck with their device getting up and working?? I tried a hard reset of the microcell and also logged into the website and removed it from the system and tried a fresh install but it fails on the last step and has the 3G light flashing. If anyone in NC that got theirs up and going with the recent charter patch did u have to do anything special to ur modem or microcell to get it to work after charter pushed the update out?? Thanks.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

There isn't anything special that needs to be done to the MicroCell. A hard reset (holding in the reset button on the back for about 30 seconds) may be necessary. See the Guide (link in my sig) for details but basically that clears all of the registers and settings in the MicroCell (a factory reset if you will) and forces the unit into the Intitial Activation process.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

You pretty much answered my question.
Please note that I am a patient person.

My clients on the other hand - not so much.

My clients don't just expect me to answer their calls - but to answer them on the first or second ring.

So when my phone simply goes straight to voicemail due to a lack of signal - I am loosing business.

I have been out of state for several weeks traveling from project to project - but when I left everything was perfect. Now that I'm back I maybe at best receive 1 out of 5 calls.

If I had an eta other than be just be patient then I could possibly explain this to everyone and direct them to simply dial my hard line - however 90% of them would still inadvertently dial my cell #.

Thanks everyone and best if luck!
Hope the fix comes by the morning - I've truly enjoined my charter experience - but business is business and part of my job is to be on call for emergency situations.

Regards

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

Can you forward your cell calls to your landline when you're home until Charter gets the new hardware fixed? I do that all of the time, only in reverse. Landline to cell phone when I'm out and about. I've got a nice little app on my iPhone that takes care of it for me.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.