What is happening with 3G?
themcks's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, January 21st, 2014 12:04 AM

3g Microcell and Charter Cable

Hi

I have had a 3g microcell for over a year.  Suddenly this week the 3g light starts flashing and phones no longer connect.  I have:

deavtivate and reactivated too many times to count

factory reset my modem, router, microcell

replaced microcell with new one

opened all ports listed in various posts and att support site

turned cellular data and 3g data off on iphone

used priority set up (modem then 3gMC then router, this is how I am configured now)

What ever I try, there is still no connection back to att network.  ATT support says it must be charter cable and charter cable says it is att.  The only port I can not touch is 123 NTP.  I don't know what is hooked up to it, but it is not accessible to me.  However, using the priority config should bypass any port issues...right?

Please help.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

I called Charter one last time and talked to a supervisor named KIesha and had the same experience with her as with all the other supevisors at Charter. Is your Internet working? Great then the Microcell isn't our problem. She even claimed to know that all the settings were fine at a location she doesn't even have access to. What a joke. If I was a Chater executive the Charter supervisors that took calls about this issue that ignored the customers concerns and failed to just look into it would be the first to go.  

I did however call ATT as a last ditch effort and apparently this morning they got an email from the higher ups in ATT to keep track of all customers with Microcell problems related to a cable provider. They have a special team that is keeping track of all this and the area the customers are in and are puishing forward with their head network team to reach out to the network people at Charter.

Please call 18003310500 and select the opition for Iphone tech support. I clicked the opition for Microcell support and it directed me to Iphone support. I guess the iphone support team is the group logging these complaints. It is my understanding that they are working hard to push this issue and I don't think it should take that long with Charter since other Charter customers in other areas arent having problems. I think our problem is something at a facility that got changed by accident and us calling to complain isn't enough, but with the ATT network guys they might have some success. PLEASE if you are having a problem call this number to report it. This is the only update I have, but I found it positive that they recognize there is an issue with Charter and are going to try and go to bat for us. I will report any change on my end.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

Oh I forgot to mention. Just incase anyone from Charter is reading these. Keisha is a model supervisor. As an example for the fact that they don't block ports she told me I could go download pirated movies as Charter doesn't block any ports. She said the worst that would happen to me is to get a letter from the production company for the movie I downloaded. What a joke. I am not saying downloading pirated movies doesn't happen all day long everyday, but it is great when the ISP supports doing it. She better hope no one above her listens to that recorded telephone call.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

Ok. What I will do is contact my Admin next week with your issue and see what she can find out. Quite often, the info relayed to me is something that I can't publically post but I can suggest some things that may be done. No guarantees, all I can do is try, but the more pressure that is put on Charter, the better. It worked for TWC. At least for now. You may get a pm from CustomerCare. Lemme give it a shot.

Most customer support folks, as you well know, read from a script and can't think out of the box. This goes for their supervisors as well. They just don't know how VoIP works.

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi James,

I am very sorry for the Microcell issues that you are currently having. One of our Managers will be reaching out to you at the email address listed in your profile here on the forums. If there is a better way for us to get in touch with you, please reply via private message with your contact information.

Thanks,

Tom R

AT&T Social Media Manager

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi Steve,

I am very sorry for the issues that you are currently having with your Microcell. One of our Managers will be reaching out to you within 48 hours at the email address listed in your profile here on the forums. If there is a better way for us to get in touch with you, please reply via private message with your contact information.

Thanks,

Tom R

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi Jarrtx,

I am very sorry for the issues that you are having with your Microcell. One of our Managers will be reaching out to you within 48 hours at the email address listed in your profile here on the forums. If there is a better way for us to get in touch with you, please reply via private message with your contact information.

Thanks,

Tom R

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

@ Jarrtx, stevesmith1328, and themcks - I contacted the Admins this weekend about your issues and as you can see they got CustomerCare involved so you all should be seeing some pm's from them. Please respond to them with what ever info they need and let's see if this can be resolved.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

Otto pylot thanks for pushing this along. I responded to the email they sent me with the info requested. My brother in law is also having the same issues. He reported it to att in the manner that I posted a few days ago. Does he need to reach out to the same people helping us or not? Thanks again.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

10 years ago

Yes he does.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.