For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
Microcellie's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, June 7th, 2010 12:31 AM

3g MicroCell - Can't MMS

Wife and I are unable to send picture messages via our iPhones when connected to our 3G MicroCell. We can send regular text messages just fine, but MMS will not work.

If I power down the MicroCell and connect via standard AT&T 3G, we can send picture messages just fine, so the issue is not with the phones. I've tried restarting the MicroCell along with the phones themselves, but this hasnt worked. Voice and regular texts work fine....everything but MMS.

There aren't too many configuration options with this thing, and I can't figure out what's going on. This problem just started a few days ago. 

Any ideas?

Edit - Just saw the maintenance bulletin. From the looks of things that shouldnt be affecting me, but who knows. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

The problem is the micro-cell lacks the needed proxy to send/route the picture messages.  This is also affecting visual voicemail.  While you are connected to the micro-cell, call your cell number and leave a message.  On your iPhone you will see a message telling you about the recent missed call but nothing under voicemail.  Now unplug your microcell and as soon as you connect to a cell tower, your phone will show you have a message under voicemail.  The cell towers use the proxy.

This was confirmed to me by their higher level tech support.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

13 years ago

And for us, we have no problems at all sending/receiving texts/ pics. Makes no sense at all. But then again, we are talking AT&T......

Scholar

• 

250 Messages

13 years ago

Works for me on the same setup as you - verizon fios and actiontec router.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

13 years ago

I am in the same boat. For several months, no issues. Then several weeks ago mms and data stopped working through the MC. Had to power cycle for those features to work. Now it has completely stopped and the power cycle trick does not work. I got a new one and it does the same thing. Call to ATT support.... ok thanks we will note it but until they release firmware update...... you are out of luck. Oh hey you could always use your wifi connection. Gee thanks {word filter evasion} but that doesnt solve the MMS problem or reason why I paid $150 for this piece of junk to only half work. [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

13 years ago

Another one here, Has worked flawless for 4 months, than for about the past week or two same issue as everyone above. No data services whatsoever. 

Guru

• 

808 Messages

13 years ago

We haven't noticed any different behavior from ours. We still have delayed calls, but we don't see problems with SMS/MMS - at least not that we've noticed.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

Identical issues. My MC was working flawlessly. It even has it's own dedicated internet connection - router - etc; all to itself.. don't ask me why 🙂

Then a few weeks ago all data services are dead in the water. So now when I arrive home I am in a data blackspot as opposed to the desired result of even getting the mircocell.

I have 1 bar of coverage and wanted more. Just for phone calls. I didn't really want to destroy my blackberry's data abilities. What really irk's me is the fact I live in a lake community surrounded by high level ATT VP's of all sorts. We even have two nearby AT&T towers with long range NYC gear on it. But of course we get 1 bar of signal. Go figure.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

I am having the same problems...can't send mms or receive voicemail.  This is crazy...things were working fine but the past 2-3 weeks I noticed first voicemail...don't send many mms but can't at home but once out of mcell range I can.  This sucks after spending extra money to get better service in our home!  Please help us with a fix for this!

Thanks,

Susan

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I'm having the exact same problem with my Microcell and iPhone - what gives??

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

12 years ago

Guess I'll join the herd.

I'm a recent MC user, and have found that MMS messages, data use (internet, apps, etc.) don't work through the MC. I have to connect to wifi to use these functions. I connect directly to the router (no modem). I even tried connecting the MC directly to the dedicated DSL line with no luck.

Per the user guide, I have tried to access/ enable the ports on my Belkin router as described, but can't seem to find where in the router setup they are located. However, I briefly disabled the router firewall to test, and had the same problem.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.