What is happening with 3G?
directorcoop's profile

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

Wednesday, August 14th, 2013 12:56 AM

3G Microcell installation CD

I am selling my AT&T 3G Microcell since I no longer need it after my move to a location with better coverage.  I am packing it up, and I realized I can't find the CD.  Is there a link I can supply to the next owner where he/she can download the software OR is it not even required.  It has been a couple years since I installed it, so I don't even remember if it was required or not.

Respectfully,

Matt

[edited for privacy]

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

11 years ago

Ok. It's been a long time since I setup my MicroCell so I'm guessing the CD was for some basic router settings for routers available at the time and maybe the minimal documentation that came with it. There is no operational software that needs to be installed for the MicroCell so you'd be ok. I never used any software with mine.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

11 years ago

There is no installation cd because software is not needed. Make sure you inactivate your account on myAT&T, otherwise a new user will have Activation issues because it's still registered to your cell phone account.

Mentor

• 

54 Messages

11 years ago

I don't recall using one, but I still have the documentation in the box.  It states that 4 things came with, including an installation CD.  I just don't want the new purchaser thinking I forgot to give him something.  I figured I'd include a linke, if needed, in the package.  I did read the manual and was sure to log into the account and inactivated it tonight.  Thanks for your help.

Scholar

• 

190 Messages

11 years ago

I have my CD and on it is just a program that tells you to register the microcell on your account first, then plug in your microcell to your network before plugging the power in.

That's all it does. Kind of a waste of a CD if you ask me.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

11 years ago

I never used the CD (it's not really necessary) and in fact forgot about it to the point that I didn't think the MicroCell came with one.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.