What is happening with 3G?
Mistwritr's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, July 18th, 2012 5:20 PM

3G Cycles to Red Light EVERY DAY!

Every morning I have to cycle the unit by unplugging both sets of wires waiting 30 seconds and waiting for it to reaquire the signal.  Does drop from time to time durring the day as well.  I have solid GPS signal. The issue seems to be the network connection or 3G bars constatnly go to Red, sometimes blink, sometimes solid.

Since I have had this issue I ran cable so the network conection is coming directly from the DSL modem into the microcell and then out to my router. 

Seemed to work fine until December and this unit is driving me crazy!

I have also acivated and de activated the device? 

Any other suggestions or questions so I can help solve this issue?

In reading the forum it sounds like the unit or power brick may be an issue.  Should I just take it back to att?

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

11 years ago

Search ebay.com for 3G-MicroCell-External-GPS-Antenna-for-DPH151

[removed link to product sales page]

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

11 years ago

25 foot cord allowed me to run it through the floor to a second story window and i duct taped it in there......

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

@Gator Neil wrote:

Just so you know Ms. Community Manager, this solution only works for about a day, then its back to flashing red.  Do you actually have a permanent solution that you know of?  Or are people with this problem just basically screwed?

I'm sorry you're still having problems. This solution has helped quite a few folks, but looks like it didn't work for you.

You're welcome to send a private message to ATTCustomerCare with your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. They'll set up a call direclty with you so we can help out.  

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type ATTCustomerCare in the "Send To" field.

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

11 years ago

Im not so sure ATTCustomerCare WILL help you out......i spent HOURS on the phone with them on MANY differant calls (all of them VERY nice) and even asked them about the antenna port on the back and why is it there and why did no antenna come with it and i was ASSURED that wasnt the problem.....even now, after i IGNORED them and fixed it myself , i call them back to tell them of this and they seem to not believe it or doubt me somehow........(my guess is they dont want to have to buy antennas for people but that would seem cheeper to me than all the phone time they spend on trying to fix them).........that being said, I LOVE THE MICROCELL!.....we have ZERO signal here without one and our phones would be useless......

Teacher

• 

24 Messages

11 years ago

I didnt mean that they wouldnt try to help you, they have been very friendly when i called (several times) but for some reason they are not aware of, or can not speak of the antenna port.....one even told me it didnt have one or it wasnt "functional"......imo, this should be the FIRST thing that is tried when there is a problem (even IF the GPS says it is locked as mine did but really wasnt).......

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

I'm sorry you had a poor experience when you called in for support. 

Our folks at ATTCustomerCare here and on Twitter/Facebook are dedicated to providing excellent support though social media. 

If you ever have an issue that we can help with, you're welcome to send them a PM as well. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.