What is happening with 3G?
tralfamadore's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Monday, February 11th, 2019 2:50 PM

3G Cisco Microcell DPH-154

I have been using a Cisco DPH-154 Microcell for about 4 years with no problem.  It was CAT5 connected directly to my Xfinity Cable/Modem (running DOCSIS 3.0) ethernet port.  I installed a new 3rd party gateway (Netgear CM1150V Cable/Modem) and connected the Microcell the same as before with an ethernet connection.  Now the Microcell will not register the internet signal from the new gateway.  I now have connected the Microcell directly into one of the internet ports on my Eero WiFi hub and the Microcell connects immediately and starts working.  However, I would prefer to run the Microcell directly from the new Netgear gateway.

My question is:  would the reason for no internet signal from the new Netgear gateway be that it runs the latest DOCSIS 3.1 instead of 3.0 which the Xfinity gateway was running?  Is it possible I need to change some setting on the new gateway or the Microcell?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Can the MC connect to WebEx recorders can you record everything that happens in a WebEx meeting; audio, video, chat conversations, notes, etc.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@WilmaN - the MicroCell is for making/ receiving calls via VoIP protocols. It’s a small 3G tower that your phone connects to. For a WebEx session you’d call in on your cellphone. The MicroCell is just a bridge between your cellphone and the AT&T mobility servers when the in-home coverage is poor by using your internet connection. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

You're welcome.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.