For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
unknownerrors's profile

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, April 30th, 2016 5:01 AM

2nd gen Cisco Microcell (found at a thrift store!)

So I was cruising one of my favorite thrift shops a few days ago and I found this att 2nd gen Microcell. I figured for a whole 7 bucks what the heck I could use a bump in my house. I just found the time to sit down and activate the little beast, only to find out that the good folks that donated the device forgot to un-register it from thier account (D0H!)

So its no big deal, I mean 7 bucks for something to put holes in next time I go shooting, or do I have any sort of options or chance at getting this thing un-registered?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

8 years ago

AT&T is very reluctant to deactivate a MicroCell because they don't know if it's stolen or not. It's possible that whoever activated the MicroCell has since moved on to another carrier and there is no longer an active account associated with the the MicroCell. You could call Support and see what they say. But if the account is still active, they won't do anything.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Right on, thanks for your time.

Scholar

• 

218 Messages

8 years ago

If you (or someone else) is ever in thes situation again. I do this from my cell phone while I am looking at the unit. Go on line to your ATT account and using the serial number on the bottom of the unit, try to register the unit. If the registration process does not generate and error message, the unit has been deregistered. If you get an error message, save your money.

I have bought several MC this way. I always keep a hot spare at home and I sell the rest on eBay. I guarentee them to work or I will return the buyers money.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

8 years ago

@rjniles

I had forgotten about your cell phone trick. Excellent idea.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.