Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Feb 18, 2013
8:51:55 PM
View profile
Why Directv doesn't HBO,Star in 3d while Comcast, fios, etc have?

I bought the 3D equipment and there is only 1 channel free 3D...

WHEN is my question. I hope before I get tired and out of penalty for switching.

I bought the 3D equipment and there is only 1 channel free 3D...

WHEN is my question. I hope before I get tired and out of penalty for switching.

Why Directv doesn't HBO,Star in 3d while Comcast, fios, etc have?

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2013 11:20:22 AM
(0)
Professor

It's not a technical question so a peer support group like this won't be able to answer it. You would have to check with DirecTV and they don't report programming changes in advance.

It's not a technical question so a peer support group like this won't be able to answer it. You would have to check with DirecTV and they don't report programming changes in advance.

Re: Why Directv doesn't HBO,Star in 3d while Comcast, fios, etc have?

2 of 10 (251 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2013 12:51:24 PM
(0)
Scholar

Check http://directv.com/3D

That page shows four 3D channels. Not sure but HBO might have 3D on demand. That seems to be the only way to get it.

As far as programming concerns, please see post#2. This forum is not monitored by DirecTV, so venting or threatening to cancel service is pointless here. You might get some help by writing to DirecTV corporate >> http://directv.com/email

-=K=-

Check http://directv.com/3D

That page shows four 3D channels. Not sure but HBO might have 3D on demand. That seems to be the only way to get it.

As far as programming concerns, please see post#2. This forum is not monitored by DirecTV, so venting or threatening to cancel service is pointless here. You might get some help by writing to DirecTV corporate >> http://directv.com/email

-=K=-

3 of 10 (251 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2014 8:35:10 AM
(0)
Contributor

I am having the same "issue" with the lack of On-demand HBO, Starz 3D programming.  I switched due to a move from ATT Uverse (had 3D OnDemand) to Direct TV. 

I took the last person's advice and emailed the programming issue directly to DirectTV.  I await a reply. 

Gino

I am having the same "issue" with the lack of On-demand HBO, Starz 3D programming.  I switched due to a move from ATT Uverse (had 3D OnDemand) to Direct TV. 

I took the last person's advice and emailed the programming issue directly to DirectTV.  I await a reply. 

Gino

4 of 10 (251 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2014 9:21:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

dont hold your breath for any 3D programing.  There used to be 4 3D channels now we are down to 2 and wont be surprised if those get removed in the near future....

dont hold your breath for any 3D programing.  There used to be 4 3D channels now we are down to 2 and wont be surprised if those get removed in the near future....

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 10 (251 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2014 7:46:24 AM
(0)
Tutor

I run searches for upcoming 3D content every weekend (been a customer since August 2013), and I've never seen any 3D movies come up in any of the premium channels like HBO, Starz, etc. Channel 107 3net offers a decent mix of 3D programming, although there's a lot of recycled content. If you want to watch 3D Hollywood movies, expect to pay with DirecTV. For what it's worth, at least channel 104 does seem to offer some of the best recent 3D movie releases.

I run searches for upcoming 3D content every weekend (been a customer since August 2013), and I've never seen any 3D movies come up in any of the premium channels like HBO, Starz, etc. Channel 107 3net offers a decent mix of 3D programming, although there's a lot of recycled content. If you want to watch 3D Hollywood movies, expect to pay with DirecTV. For what it's worth, at least channel 104 does seem to offer some of the best recent 3D movie releases.

6 of 10 (251 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2014 3:48:54 PM
(0)
Teacher

should be interesting what will happen with AT&T if their purchase of Direct TV goes through.

should be interesting what will happen with AT&T if their purchase of Direct TV goes through.

7 of 10 (251 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2014 6:18:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

As I predicted, 3D is gone!!!!

As I predicted, 3D is gone!!!!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

8 of 10 (251 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2014 8:16:46 PM
(0)
Tutor

Well, there's still a handful of PPV 3D movies on channel 104 (current count: 4). It's the final death throes for sure, though. Not even sure why they bother unless they have some contractual obligation to include these. Glad I've got a DVR full of 3D shows…I guess it's now a museum of curiosities from a bygone era.

Well, there's still a handful of PPV 3D movies on channel 104 (current count: 4). It's the final death throes for sure, though. Not even sure why they bother unless they have some contractual obligation to include these. Glad I've got a DVR full of 3D shows…I guess it's now a museum of curiosities from a bygone era.

9 of 10 (251 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2014 8:49:30 PM
(0)
Professor

Until the hard drive fails.

Until the hard drive fails.

10 of 10 (251 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments