Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Nov 16, 2013
2:45:31 PM
Using 3d with a HDMI splitter

My HR44-200 DirecTV box recognizes my LG 55LA6200 TV when they are connected together directly.

I also have a Sony NSZ-GT1 Google TV player that I would like to connect to the HR44-200.  When I run the HR44-200 through the Google TV player (which is connected to my TV) and try to watch a 3D channel, I receive an error message that my TV is not 3D capable.

I bought an HDMI splitter (OREI HD-108) to split the DirecTV signal between the Google TV player and directly into the TV.  When I run the signal through the splitter, I receive an error message that my TV is not 3D capable.

There are some nice features on GoogleTV that I like, so I want the option to run the DirecTV signal through the GoogleBox.  Is there any way to do this and still get DirecTV 3d channels?

My HR44-200 DirecTV box recognizes my LG 55LA6200 TV when they are connected together directly.

I also have a Sony NSZ-GT1 Google TV player that I would like to connect to the HR44-200.  When I run the HR44-200 through the Google TV player (which is connected to my TV) and try to watch a 3D channel, I receive an error message that my TV is not 3D capable.

I bought an HDMI splitter (OREI HD-108) to split the DirecTV signal between the Google TV player and directly into the TV.  When I run the signal through the splitter, I receive an error message that my TV is not 3D capable.

There are some nice features on GoogleTV that I like, so I want the option to run the DirecTV signal through the GoogleBox.  Is there any way to do this and still get DirecTV 3d channels?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 16, 2013 3:02:27 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

HDMI "defaults" to the weakest link.  So if the GoogleTV is not 3D compliant it can't be inline with the receiver.

Try connecting the HR44 through the splitter (not sure why you bought an 8 way HDMI splitter) without the Google TV and see if 3D support is detected.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Using 3d with a HDMI splitter

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 16, 2013 3:02:27 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

HDMI "defaults" to the weakest link.  So if the GoogleTV is not 3D compliant it can't be inline with the receiver.

Try connecting the HR44 through the splitter (not sure why you bought an 8 way HDMI splitter) without the Google TV and see if 3D support is detected.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Using 3d with a HDMI splitter

2 of 10 (63 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 16, 2013 3:23:02 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks.  I unplugged the Google TV HDMI cable and it worked.  As soon as I plugged it back in, it stopped working.

Thanks.  I unplugged the Google TV HDMI cable and it worked.  As soon as I plugged it back in, it stopped working.

3 of 10 (63 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 16, 2013 3:27:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You are welcome.  Now you know where your problem is. 

You are welcome.  Now you know where your problem is. 

4 of 10 (63 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 16, 2013 4:24:18 PM
(0)
Tutor

Is there some kind of switch I could put between the Google TV and the HDMI cable?  I'd rather not have to plug and unplug the cable.

Is there some kind of switch I could put between the Google TV and the HDMI cable?  I'd rather not have to plug and unplug the cable.

5 of 10 (63 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 16, 2013 4:29:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Doesn't your TV have more than one HDMI input?

Doesn't your TV have more than one HDMI input?

6 of 10 (63 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 17, 2013 5:10:59 AM
(0)
Guru

Could you use component cables for the Google TV?

Could you use component cables for the Google TV?

7 of 10 (63 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 21, 2013 7:23:08 AM
(0)
Tutor

DirecTV ---> 3D ready HDMI splitter ----> Google TV ---->  TV

DirecTV ---> 3D ready HDMI splitter ---  ---> TV

Yes.  The above is the setup that does not work.

When I leave the setup above as is but disconnect the Google TV from the TV, the 3d channel starts working.

DirecTV ---> 3D ready HDMI splitter ----> Google TV ---->  TV

DirecTV ---> 3D ready HDMI splitter ---  ---> TV

Yes.  The above is the setup that does not work.

When I leave the setup above as is but disconnect the Google TV from the TV, the 3d channel starts working.

8 of 10 (63 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 21, 2013 7:24:11 AM
(0)
Tutor

The Google TV only has HDMI ports.  I can use an HDMI/component converter, but the signal quality degrades horribly.

The Google TV only has HDMI ports.  I can use an HDMI/component converter, but the signal quality degrades horribly.

9 of 10 (63 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2013 2:00:34 PM
(0)
Teacher

U don't need 3d

U don't need 3d

10 of 10 (63 Views)