Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jun 29, 2013
1:18:07 AM
View profile
I too ordered "OZ" and was that pitifull.

WE ordered the movie and was expecting a full screen movie but what we got was a letterbox edition of the movie.  Called support and she tried everything, nothing worked.  She gave me a refund, and was very nice about it.  Its a sure bet that I will not order another 3d PPV movie again without Directv clearly stating that it will be a letterbox or full screen edition.  Has anyone else had this problem?

WE ordered the movie and was expecting a full screen movie but what we got was a letterbox edition of the movie.  Called support and she tried everything, nothing worked.  She gave me a refund, and was very nice about it.  Its a sure bet that I will not order another 3d PPV movie again without Directv clearly stating that it will be a letterbox or full screen edition.  Has anyone else had this problem?

I too ordered "OZ" and was that pitifull.

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2013 7:58:22 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Well, that might it been the Original Aspect Ratio OAR.  that is how the director wants you to see the movie

Well, that might it been the Original Aspect Ratio OAR.  that is how the director wants you to see the movie

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: I too ordered "OZ" and was that pitifull.

2 of 5 (1 View)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 2, 2013 5:40:47 AM
(0)
Professor

That's exactly it. The original movie was in a wider aspect ration than the TV screen. Either top and bottom bars have to be added or the sides have to be cut off. I would rather see the original picture but some think it more important to fill the screen. It's a big enough issue that some DVDs offer a choice of format. DirecTV would have to basically make two movies available for all titles to meet both preferences.

That's exactly it. The original movie was in a wider aspect ration than the TV screen. Either top and bottom bars have to be added or the sides have to be cut off. I would rather see the original picture but some think it more important to fill the screen. It's a big enough issue that some DVDs offer a choice of format. DirecTV would have to basically make two movies available for all titles to meet both preferences.

3 of 5 (1 View)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 4, 2013 9:31:02 AM
(0)
Tutor

I d/L OZ on bittorrent.  it's fantastic.  3D and all.  And for FREE!

I d/L OZ on bittorrent.  it's fantastic.  3D and all.  And for FREE!

4 of 5 (1 View)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 4, 2013 1:28:19 PM
(0)
Tutor

I have a Redbox right across the street so i rented the movie on Blu-Ray 1st   it's $1.20 !, to see if it is worth spending $6.99 for and OZ was not !... and it let me know that is was letterbox , ugh ! i hate that !... It was total eye candy and i am sure it would look awsome in 3D but he story and the acting was horrible , i am going to get Jack the Giant Slayer next... it got much better reviews and should be more worthy of spending the big bucks on LOL

I have a Redbox right across the street so i rented the movie on Blu-Ray 1st   it's $1.20 !, to see if it is worth spending $6.99 for and OZ was not !... and it let me know that is was letterbox , ugh ! i hate that !... It was total eye candy and i am sure it would look awsome in 3D but he story and the acting was horrible , i am going to get Jack the Giant Slayer next... it got much better reviews and should be more worthy of spending the big bucks on LOL

5 of 5 (1 View)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments