Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Oct 29, 2013
10:20:46 AM
View profile
HELP getting 3D to work on new Vizio with my genie

Is there something I need to do to get my new Vizio Razor Series M601D-A3 60" LED to work with my Genie HR-34-700?   Do i need to reset my Genie first?  I try to access a 3D channel and I get the message my receiver is not connected with an HDMI cable (which it is) or that my receiver does not support 3D ( which it does).  I am running my directv through a Onkyo receiver.  Any help would be appreciated as I see others on this forum using these Vizio M series tvs successfully.  FYI...I am using a Mediabridge 1.3 High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet (15 ft) - Ultra Series - Supports Ethernet, 3D, and Audio Return and an Onkyo TX-SR507 5.1-Channel A/V Surround Home Theater Receiver

Is there something I need to do to get my new Vizio Razor Series M601D-A3 60" LED to work with my Genie HR-34-700?   Do i need to reset my Genie first?  I try to access a 3D channel and I get the message my receiver is not connected with an HDMI cable (which it is) or that my receiver does not support 3D ( which it does).  I am running my directv through a Onkyo receiver.  Any help would be appreciated as I see others on this forum using these Vizio M series tvs successfully.  FYI...I am using a Mediabridge 1.3 High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet (15 ft) - Ultra Series - Supports Ethernet, 3D, and Audio Return and an Onkyo TX-SR507 5.1-Channel A/V Surround Home Theater Receiver

HELP getting 3D to work on new Vizio with my genie

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 29, 2013 10:26:24 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

First thing is to determine if your Onkyo is 3D capable. Connect the HR34 directly to the TV?  post back with the results

First thing is to determine if your Onkyo is 3D capable. Connect the HR34 directly to the TV?  post back with the results

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: HELP getting 3D to work on new Vizio with my genie

2 of 3 (8 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 29, 2013 10:44:06 AM
(0)
Contributor

According to AVS website it not suppose to support 3D but it WILL pass through side by side with no problem.  But I will check going from tv directly to Genie tonight.  Thank you.

According to AVS website it not suppose to support 3D but it WILL pass through side by side with no problem.  But I will check going from tv directly to Genie tonight.  Thank you.

Re: HELP getting 3D to work on new Vizio with my genie

3 of 3 (8 Views)