Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Aug 6, 2013
9:14:30 PM
HBO On Demand 3D Content?

I recently switched from Bright House, whose HBO On Demand programming included 3D content...around 4 or 5 movies on a regular rotation. It appears that DIRECTV does not offer any HBO On Demand 3D content (or I can't find it if it exists). Can anyone confirm if that's true?

I recently switched from Bright House, whose HBO On Demand programming included 3D content...around 4 or 5 movies on a regular rotation. It appears that DIRECTV does not offer any HBO On Demand 3D content (or I can't find it if it exists). Can anyone confirm if that's true?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 6, 2013 10:31:50 PM
(0)
Professor

It's true.

Accepted Solution

HBO On Demand 3D Content?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Aug 6, 2013 10:31:50 PM
(0)
Professor

It's true.

It's true.

Re: HBO On Demand 3D Content?

2 of 6 (35 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2013 8:51:45 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks for confirming. I'm enjoying 3net, but it's a shame that after the demise of n3D, DIRECTV hasn't stepped up its game to allow access to the On Demand 3D movies available to HBO & Starz subscribers elsewhere. The 3D movies available on CINE3D 104 are pretty scant.

Thanks for confirming. I'm enjoying 3net, but it's a shame that after the demise of n3D, DIRECTV hasn't stepped up its game to allow access to the On Demand 3D movies available to HBO & Starz subscribers elsewhere. The 3D movies available on CINE3D 104 are pretty scant.

3 of 6 (35 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2014 8:23:21 AM
(0)
Contributor

I moved and was subscribed to AT&T UVerse.  I had On-Demand HBO/Starz/Showtime etc. and movies were available in 3D. I did a search on DirectTV for this option on those channels. 

Does anyone have any idea if DirectTV will offer this option? 

I moved and was subscribed to AT&T UVerse.  I had On-Demand HBO/Starz/Showtime etc. and movies were available in 3D. I did a search on DirectTV for this option on those channels. 

Does anyone have any idea if DirectTV will offer this option? 

4 of 6 (35 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2014 9:22:05 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

dont hold your breath over 3D programming...

dont hold your breath over 3D programming...

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 6 (35 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2014 7:31:01 AM
(0)
Tutor

Like peds48 says...very doubtful. After some consideration, it occurred to me that the free on-demand 3D content from HBO, Starz, etc. that I used to enjoy from Bright House will probably never make it to DirecTV because it would cut into DTV's own potential revenue stream from the PPV 3D movies they offer on channel 104 (CINE3D). So if you want to watch 3D Hollywood movies, expect to pay with DirecTV. For what it's worth, at least channel 104 does seem to offer some of the best recent 3D movie releases.

Like peds48 says...very doubtful. After some consideration, it occurred to me that the free on-demand 3D content from HBO, Starz, etc. that I used to enjoy from Bright House will probably never make it to DirecTV because it would cut into DTV's own potential revenue stream from the PPV 3D movies they offer on channel 104 (CINE3D). So if you want to watch 3D Hollywood movies, expect to pay with DirecTV. For what it's worth, at least channel 104 does seem to offer some of the best recent 3D movie releases.

6 of 6 (35 Views)