Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Feb 21, 2013
5:11:40 PM
View profile
3d Not working with my new TV

I just purchased a Mitsubishi WD82842 TV and I go to the 3D channels and they will not come on. What is the problem?

I just purchased a Mitsubishi WD82842 TV and I go to the 3D channels and they will not come on. What is the problem?

3d Not working with my new TV

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2013 5:30:52 PM
(0)
Scholar

What exactly happens? Any signal or message? black screen?

I've heard sometimes you need to access the 2D channel first, then can switch. Also, will need to determine from your TV model which flavor of 3D is being used (SBS or checkerboard). I think DirecTV uses SBS (side-by-side), but could be wrong. TechKnow Guides and installer experts can help troubleshoot.

-=K=-

What exactly happens? Any signal or message? black screen?

I've heard sometimes you need to access the 2D channel first, then can switch. Also, will need to determine from your TV model which flavor of 3D is being used (SBS or checkerboard). I think DirecTV uses SBS (side-by-side), but could be wrong. TechKnow Guides and installer experts can help troubleshoot.

-=K=-

Re: 3d Not working with my new TV

2 of 9 (49 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2013 5:27:03 AM
(0)
Guru

Don't have a Mits but it will be fine for 3D. Someone here might know but if you don't get an answer go to the avsforum display section and find a thread about your TV. They will definitely be able to help you. Good luck!

Don't have a Mits but it will be fine for 3D. Someone here might know but if you don't get an answer go to the avsforum display section and find a thread about your TV. They will definitely be able to help you. Good luck!

3 of 9 (49 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2013 6:21:48 AM
(0)
Professor

Check the 3D settings in the TV menu. DirecTV uses a side by side format or SbS. It should work. Is the HR24 connected directly to the TV via an HDMI cable? What do you see when you try a 3D channel? There are no settings on the HR24 to adjust or enable 3D but the hardware setup and TV settings need to be correct.

Check the 3D settings in the TV menu. DirecTV uses a side by side format or SbS. It should work. Is the HR24 connected directly to the TV via an HDMI cable? What do you see when you try a 3D channel? There are no settings on the HR24 to adjust or enable 3D but the hardware setup and TV settings need to be correct.

4 of 9 (49 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2013 5:54:01 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks for the replies back. Must have been my HDMI cable. I switched it with another cable I had and it is working now.

Thanks for the replies back. Must have been my HDMI cable. I switched it with another cable I had and it is working now.

5 of 9 (49 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2013 5:54:51 AM
(0)
Guru

Great!

Great!

6 of 9 (49 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2013 9:53:28 AM
(0)
Tutor

Good for you  i love 3D !

7 of 9 (49 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2013 10:06:42 AM
(0)
Professor

That's funny.

voodoochile43 wrote:

That's funny, DirecTV gave me a 3DTV since my name was pulled out of a hat full of TechKnow guides' names so I could help with 3D problems. I tried it and must say I'm not a fan.

That's funny.

voodoochile43 wrote:

That's funny, DirecTV gave me a 3DTV since my name was pulled out of a hat full of TechKnow guides' names so I could help with 3D problems. I tried it and must say I'm not a fan.

8 of 9 (49 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2013 10:13:41 AM
(0)
Tutor

Hey i'm new here and trying to finish my get started process LOL :smileyplain:

Hey i'm new here and trying to finish my get started process LOL :smileyplain:

9 of 9 (49 Views)