Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Sep 21, 2013
11:18:28 AM
View profile
3D works intermittently

Just got Directv installed a month ago and also just got a 80 inch Vizio with 3D.  I am passing the HDMI signal through a Yamaha receiver that is 3D ready.  If I re-set the Genie box, the 3D works fine.  But if I shut the box off and then turn it back on again, the 3D will not work and I get the message that my hardware doesnt support 3D.  Any idea what is causing this? 

Just got Directv installed a month ago and also just got a 80 inch Vizio with 3D.  I am passing the HDMI signal through a Yamaha receiver that is 3D ready.  If I re-set the Genie box, the 3D works fine.  But if I shut the box off and then turn it back on again, the 3D will not work and I get the message that my hardware doesnt support 3D.  Any idea what is causing this? 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 21, 2013 11:44:09 AM
(0)
Professor

The Genie "forgets" it is attached to a 3D TV when it is shut off because the HDMI connection is broken and it doesn't try the connection again until you do a reset, Then it "sees" the TV and reestablishes the connection. You might try leaving the Genie on to see if that helps. It isn't really off anyway. Only the panel lights and outputs go off. Turning the TV off may have the same effect though. A Genie software update will be needed for that behavior to change.

Accepted Solution

3D works intermittently

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Sep 21, 2013 11:44:09 AM
(0)
Professor

The Genie "forgets" it is attached to a 3D TV when it is shut off because the HDMI connection is broken and it doesn't try the connection again until you do a reset, Then it "sees" the TV and reestablishes the connection. You might try leaving the Genie on to see if that helps. It isn't really off anyway. Only the panel lights and outputs go off. Turning the TV off may have the same effect though. A Genie software update will be needed for that behavior to change.

Re: 3D works intermittently

2 of 3 (25 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2013 2:19:53 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thank you.  I guess its not that smart of a Genie is it?

Thank you.  I guess its not that smart of a Genie is it?

Re: 3D works intermittently

3 of 3 (25 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments