Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted May 3, 2013
5:09:36 AM
3D compatibility with New LG 55GA7900 Smart Google TV

I posted a question last month asking if DirecTv 3D would be compatible with this very new TV model. Nobody was sure and Directv said it was not on their compatibility list. I went ahead and bought it anyway and I am pleased to say they can update their list. Not only does it work well but the 3D effect is amazing it works even better than my Blu-ray. The colors are deep and vibrant and the images seem to pop out of the screen by about three feet! You feel you can touch them. This TV uses LG passive 3D with battery-free polarizing glasses which are lightweight and work without flicker. All we need now is more free 3D channels/programming.

I posted a question last month asking if DirecTv 3D would be compatible with this very new TV model. Nobody was sure and Directv said it was not on their compatibility list. I went ahead and bought it anyway and I am pleased to say they can update their list. Not only does it work well but the 3D effect is amazing it works even better than my Blu-ray. The colors are deep and vibrant and the images seem to pop out of the screen by about three feet! You feel you can touch them. This TV uses LG passive 3D with battery-free polarizing glasses which are lightweight and work without flicker. All we need now is more free 3D channels/programming.

3D compatibility with New LG 55GA7900 Smart Google TV

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 3, 2013 6:01:16 AM
(0)
Guru

Thanks for the feedback. I have an LG passive for 3D and enjoy it as well.

Thanks for the feedback. I have an LG passive for 3D and enjoy it as well.

Re: 3D compatibility with New LG 55GA7900 Smart Google TV

2 of 5 (1 View)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 3, 2013 9:11:46 AM
(0)
Professor

DirecTV seems uninterested in updating the list, probably because compatibility issues with new TVs are moot. Current TVs all seem to be capable. There may be setup or connection issues to be handled but the days of possible incompatibility seem to be over.

DirecTV seems uninterested in updating the list, probably because compatibility issues with new TVs are moot. Current TVs all seem to be capable. There may be setup or connection issues to be handled but the days of possible incompatibility seem to be over.

3 of 5 (1 View)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 4, 2013 9:36:44 AM
(0)
Tutor

I have an LG 55LA6900 and the 3D is fantastic.  I'm using glasses I got at the movie theater.  Never even had to open the Box of LG glasses. Wish there was more content.  It's quite unbelievable how good it is!

I have an LG 55LA6900 and the 3D is fantastic.  I'm using glasses I got at the movie theater.  Never even had to open the Box of LG glasses. Wish there was more content.  It's quite unbelievable how good it is!

4 of 5 (1 View)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 4, 2013 5:16:42 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

unfortunately it seems like 3D is experiencing a silent death

unfortunately it seems like 3D is experiencing a silent death

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (1 View)