brettbull's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, September 17th, 2013 12:39 PM

Terrible experience with ATT customer service reps and sales department

I have had the worst experience.  Over the course of 6 weeks I have been continually lied to on promotions over the phone.  The reps promise a new bundle price and then get my bill to find out they actually jacked my bill up and gave me nothing that was promised.  It has happened with two reps.  There isn't a way to make the reps accountable, because they are pretty much all protected by anonymity.  Even if you get there employee number, you can not be transferred back to them, so they can jack with your account and hide.  Its ridiculous, and I am this close to moving on with ATT.  I have spent over 5 hours of my time on the phone.  Is anyone else experiencing the same issues??

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

11 years ago

Hello, brettbull! Thanks for posting!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties with your promotions. We can get you in touch with our team of managers, and they will do everything they can to help you out and get this resolved. Just send a private message to ATTCustomerCare by clicking here. Be sure to provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. It might be a good idea to include an alternate phone number, just in case. Please keep in mind that it may take up to two business days to receive a reply, but this team is awesome and will work very hard to get your problem fixed.

Thanks!

-Mariana

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I sent a PM with my account number. I hope we can come to a resolution.

Thanks

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

11 years ago

Hi brettbull,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Their end was cutting out and the lady began getting snide with me though I was just trying to pay my bill. Their service (both use and support) is terrible. Their system and organization is just plain crap. I’ve got hung up on several times the last time I called and was on hold for over an hour in a half and never got through. I setup bill pay on three different accounts, got a confirmation code on all of them and none of them were setup with bill pay.. fast forward a few months and go figure the accounts get suspend. All three: two business accounts, one home u-verse account and one home phone account. Garbage. AT&T sucks. My work pays for my cell phone which is also AT&T I've had people complain that I sound like I'm in a "box", I get garbled voice when I receive a number of calls. The quality of AT&T Service (every service type, no exception) is just crap. How can a company have such crappy customer service, products fail constantly, quality is garbage... still be around? I have the S4, one of the best phones on the market.. joined with their service is offal. It alludes my clearly tiny mind because there must be some reason. The bad thing is for my own business I have no choice (geographical monopoly if you will) on what service I can go with. As for my Day job, I have no control over the carrier. You can't manage all accounts through one, they have trouble even using their system and even finding your information. It's.. idk. Can it even get any worse? However, with all my distain against AT&T, I have recently found a strong competitor for their spot in poor service and support, Straight Talk Wireless by Walmart. Old school analog lines were a million times better in quality.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

YES!!!  Two different wireless sales reps lied to me about my bundle price when I wanted to drop my land line and get a cell phone.  They wil tell you anything to get the sale because they work on comission  and there is NO accountability when they lie to ATT customers.  It is absolutely ridiculous and I dont think ATT cares as long as they are making money, honestly or not.  The people upstairs at att should really get control of these sales contractors and require them to have some level of honesty and integrity or they are going to lose a lot of customers.  Just my opinion.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I just had a similar experience this week. My bill for a 3 person family plan is now over $200 all in, and increase of over $50 per month just because I upgraded my iPhone from the 5 to the 6, and gave the 5 to another line on my account. I called customer service and spent over an hour on the phone. They kept putting me on hold and never even addressed my issue, and kept on saying that their system was updating and causing the delays. I hung up with them and tried the online chat. They said that they would give me a one time credit of $25 because I've been a client for many years, but offered me no resolution. They clearly dont care about their customers, and feel they have you locked in because of termination fees. Worst customer service experience I've ever had. It is ridiculous to be charged over $200 for a three line plan with 10GB of shared data, especially when you are not advised of this prior to making the changes.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Yes 'over promise under deliver'seems to be their MO. If a rep takes your phone number and says that they will follow up with you, consider the action closed and time ( substantial sitting around and waiting time) wasted.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

9 years ago

We've had AT&T service of some kind for over 20 years(wired, wireless, dsl, uverse). We've never had any major issues and only an occasional service or billing problem. There are customers like us that are satisfied with AT&T.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

ATT customer services continued to to get worse and worse. My experiences:

1. Agreed to extension of services with retention Department

2. Received the e-mail confirmation of a different plan costing $13 month more than what was agreed to

3. Had to call in many times to got back the discount that had been agreed to over the phone. Many of customer services representatives refused to assist or even looked into the matter and insisted on the high price plan -- bait and switch, used car saleperson behaviors.

4. Made several calls before getting an person who would listened and got back to the plan agreed to originally.

5. Got an e-mail confirmation that was again not correct. 

6. Called again to ask for an e-mail with the correct price. All agents said that they have no way to send an e-mail with correct price. Fortunately, one showed how to go to the web to see how to view the details of the correct service order (good thing). However, the website will not allow the printing of the detail pages or copying !! So, customers would have no written copy of the order. They all assured that the price is correct. (Note: I finally figured out on my own that the only way one could copy the details was to copy to a spreadsheet)

7. Two weeks later, got an e-mail of the wrong Customer Service Summary again. 

8. Called the representative who said that her job was to tell me that the Customer Service Summary was sent and would have no way of looking up the actual service order. Refused to discuss the matter further on the correctness of the Customer Service Summary - claiming that she could not see the actual Service Order!

9. Called up the retention department again. He said that there was no way he could send out the correct Customer Service Summary -- just waited until the bill came through and checked the bill. Asked him if there was a place to write something to flag to ATT senior management of the mess in ATT Customer Service Department. He said that there was no place to write. They only discussed the business matter verbally! Looked like ATT mamagment did wnat to hear anything

What a mess for ATT. How can ATT descend to this level?

CKV

Contributor

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I had the 3 person plan, too, and called today to see if I could pay off my son's phone because I was told when I originally bought it that I could pay it off anytime. Got a girls named Sheila and she immediately started throwing a sales pitch to me that my bill could be $40 cheaper if I went with a promotion they had for unlimited data. What she didn't tell me is that it would take the $25 discount I had on each phone for sharing away.  I kept asking her, but she kept saying, "Your bill will be cheaper!" I told her that I would hope she was not lying to me. She told me that we were on a recorded line so she assured me she wasn't. Well, turns out she was! I called back tonight and got a girl named Shantel who apologized for my experience, but informed me she couldn't put me back on my original plan, but put me on a plan that was comparable. If I hadn't changed it, my bill wouldn't have been $40 cheaper, it would have been $35 more a month!!! After all this, I was told that I couldn't pay off his phone because my account was bundled!! Shantel was very helpful, but won't make my final opinion until I receive next month's bill.  I have been an ATT stock holder for many years, but I'm starting to rethink whether I want to even be associated with them anymore. Their customer service is the worse I've experienced! 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.