Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Jan 12, 2014
3:49:19 PM
what speed do i need to run my tables and ps4?
When I signed up I told the rep I had a galaxy tablet...ps4... a home computer and 2 iPod touches.. Ihave the elite package. My ps4 wwon't sign on to the psn network... can't watch Netflix... my home computer is worthless for searches...my tablet doesn't work. My iPod touches are unbelievably slow.... this really sucks... the rep told me the elite package would be perfect for us... I guess he was just trying to make the sale and lock me in... this is not right.
When I signed up I told the rep I had a galaxy tablet...ps4... a home computer and 2 iPod touches.. Ihave the elite package. My ps4 wwon't sign on to the psn network... can't watch Netflix... my home computer is worthless for searches...my tablet doesn't work. My iPod touches are unbelievably slow.... this really sucks... the rep told me the elite package would be perfect for us... I guess he was just trying to make the sale and lock me in... this is not right.

what speed do i need to run my tables and ps4?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2014 5:16:17 AM
(0)
Employee
First have you ran some speed tests to verify your on elite (6/1).
Recommend speedtest.net and chose a location close to you. (Ideal less than 20 miles)

While I would recommend Max (12/1.5) for streaming video...at $5 more per month.
The elite should work.

Which RG?
First have you ran some speed tests to verify your on elite (6/1).
Recommend speedtest.net and chose a location close to you. (Ideal less than 20 miles)

While I would recommend Max (12/1.5) for streaming video...at $5 more per month.
The elite should work.

Which RG?
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: what speed do i need to run my tables and ps4?

2 of 6 (291 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2014 1:31:48 PM
(0)
Voyager
Speed is actually showing 7.2.... it does the same thing even if I'm hooked up hard line.... even home computer is hooked up Hard line and it takes more than 10 minutes to pull up a sight... my tablet doesn't work either. When my cell phone goes to WiFi when I get home... I can't search anything either.. this is the worst Service I have ever had... frickin AOL dial up back in the day was faster..
Speed is actually showing 7.2.... it does the same thing even if I'm hooked up hard line.... even home computer is hooked up Hard line and it takes more than 10 minutes to pull up a sight... my tablet doesn't work either. When my cell phone goes to WiFi when I get home... I can't search anything either.. this is the worst Service I have ever had... frickin AOL dial up back in the day was faster..

3 of 6 (270 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2014 4:18:38 PM
(0)
Voyager

4 of 6 (260 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2014 8:39:38 PM
(0)
Voyager

Well.   The AT&T guy came out and gave me a new router.    He said the #1  best router they have and it isworking better.   Still not the speeds I was promised but better.  I dont understand why they would give me a router they know is not there best stuff.  I just signed up.  Should have there newest stuff to start with.  Still runs slower if I am running more then 1wireless device but I am gonna see how it goes.

Well.   The AT&T guy came out and gave me a new router.    He said the #1  best router they have and it isworking better.   Still not the speeds I was promised but better.  I dont understand why they would give me a router they know is not there best stuff.  I just signed up.  Should have there newest stuff to start with.  Still runs slower if I am running more then 1wireless device but I am gonna see how it goes.

5 of 6 (249 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2014 7:24:49 AM
(0)
Employee
Which RG did you have? Which RG did tech install?
Was this a self install where equipment was shipped to you or full tech install off truch?

Depending on type of service internet only or internet/voip determines type of RG.
If extreme distance or area where cannot receive Uverse IPTV service your adsl2+ normal RG is 510, the 5168 just released for bonded adsl2+ circuit would not be shipped as bonded installs require full tech installation, rG comes off truck.
If IPTV service is available, vdsl circuit if less than 2200 feet shipped grey 3600, the newer black 5031 is designed for those for 2000 feet but less than 3500 feet. So if your distance is 1800 then woudhave received older 3600 as that is what distance would require.

When running peed tests, hardwired direct to Ethernet with only one device on, speedtest.net to local test site on ELITe (6/1) should yield between 5 and 7 download with .8 to .95 upload.

As bandwidth is shared between devices, if watching Netflix, plus online gaming, pus streaming music all sharing 6M, not each one having their own 6M connection. Which is why recommend spending $5 more for MAX (12/1) on adsl2 profile or (12/1.5) on vdsl profile.
Which RG did you have? Which RG did tech install?
Was this a self install where equipment was shipped to you or full tech install off truch?

Depending on type of service internet only or internet/voip determines type of RG.
If extreme distance or area where cannot receive Uverse IPTV service your adsl2+ normal RG is 510, the 5168 just released for bonded adsl2+ circuit would not be shipped as bonded installs require full tech installation, rG comes off truck.
If IPTV service is available, vdsl circuit if less than 2200 feet shipped grey 3600, the newer black 5031 is designed for those for 2000 feet but less than 3500 feet. So if your distance is 1800 then woudhave received older 3600 as that is what distance would require.

When running peed tests, hardwired direct to Ethernet with only one device on, speedtest.net to local test site on ELITe (6/1) should yield between 5 and 7 download with .8 to .95 upload.

As bandwidth is shared between devices, if watching Netflix, plus online gaming, pus streaming music all sharing 6M, not each one having their own 6M connection. Which is why recommend spending $5 more for MAX (12/1) on adsl2 profile or (12/1.5) on vdsl profile.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 6 (227 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments