Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Aug 26, 2013
1:47:09 PM
View profile
what changed on in Yahoo mail 8/19/2013?

I had my outlook.com account (W8) set up to receive email from my Yahoo account, and everything worked fine up until midday on 8/19. Now my Yahoo email no longer forward to outlook.com. Did something in the Yahoo system change then? Microsoft says to check that two-factor-authentication isn't enabled; I never enabled it (don't know how to).

I had my outlook.com account (W8) set up to receive email from my Yahoo account, and everything worked fine up until midday on 8/19. Now my Yahoo email no longer forward to outlook.com. Did something in the Yahoo system change then? Microsoft says to check that two-factor-authentication isn't enabled; I never enabled it (don't know how to).

what changed on in Yahoo mail 8/19/2013?

3 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2013 10:23:15 PM
(0)
Tutor

For a long time now (since about mid-July for me), Outlook.com has had intermittant problems retreiving email from my AT&T/Yahoo account. I've been working with them on this for over a month. The other day, they said that this is all the fault of AT&T/Yahoo. They say that AT&T/Yahoo has an added security feature similar to Microsoft's two-step verification, and that I should try to turn it off on my Yahoo account. Furthermore, they say to know how to disable this feature, I need to contact my Yahoo support team because that setting needs to be altered on my Yahoo account or on Yahoo server side not on Microsoft server side.

I don't understand how this could be the solution to my problem since the problem is intermittant, but I want things working again. Can you please help me with this?

Greg

For a long time now (since about mid-July for me), Outlook.com has had intermittant problems retreiving email from my AT&T/Yahoo account. I've been working with them on this for over a month. The other day, they said that this is all the fault of AT&T/Yahoo. They say that AT&T/Yahoo has an added security feature similar to Microsoft's two-step verification, and that I should try to turn it off on my Yahoo account. Furthermore, they say to know how to disable this feature, I need to contact my Yahoo support team because that setting needs to be altered on my Yahoo account or on Yahoo server side not on Microsoft server side.

I don't understand how this could be the solution to my problem since the problem is intermittant, but I want things working again. Can you please help me with this?

Greg

Re: what changed on in Yahoo mail 8/19/2013?

2 of 4 (289 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2013 9:32:30 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello StLouisMan2 and tfox37380!

It looks like you're both having the same issue. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I know how frustrating it can be to have trouble accessing your emails. If each of you could send me a private message by clicking here, I can definitely forward this to the right person. Just make sure to include your name, email address, phone number, the best time to reach you, and a brief but detailed description of the issue. In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello StLouisMan2 and tfox37380!

It looks like you're both having the same issue. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I know how frustrating it can be to have trouble accessing your emails. If each of you could send me a private message by clicking here, I can definitely forward this to the right person. Just make sure to include your name, email address, phone number, the best time to reach you, and a brief but detailed description of the issue. In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 4 (259 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2013 10:22:59 AM
(0)
Tutor

Mariana,

It's already moving along.  Thank you.

Greg Dolecki

Mariana,

It's already moving along.  Thank you.

Greg Dolecki

4 of 4 (251 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments