what changed on in Yahoo mail 8/19/2013?

Teacher

what changed on in Yahoo mail 8/19/2013?

I had my outlook.com account (W8) set up to receive email from my Yahoo account, and everything worked fine up until midday on 8/19. Now my Yahoo email no longer forward to outlook.com. Did something in the Yahoo system change then? Microsoft says to check that two-factor-authentication isn't enabled; I never enabled it (don't know how to).

Message 1 of 4
Highlighted

Re: what changed on in Yahoo mail 8/19/2013?

For a long time now (since about mid-July for me), Outlook.com has had intermittant problems retreiving email from my AT&T/Yahoo account. I've been working with them on this for over a month. The other day, they said that this is all the fault of AT&T/Yahoo. They say that AT&T/Yahoo has an added security feature similar to Microsoft's two-step verification, and that I should try to turn it off on my Yahoo account. Furthermore, they say to know how to disable this feature, I need to contact my Yahoo support team because that setting needs to be altered on my Yahoo account or on Yahoo server side not on Microsoft server side.

I don't understand how this could be the solution to my problem since the problem is intermittant, but I want things working again. Can you please help me with this?

Greg

Tags (3)
Message 2 of 4
Community Manager

Hello StLouisMan2 and tfox37380!

It looks like you're both having the same issue. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I know how frustrating it can be to have trouble accessing your emails. If each of you could send me a private message by clicking here, I can definitely forward this to the right person. Just make sure to include your name, email address, phone number, the best time to reach you, and a brief but detailed description of the issue. In the meantime, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks!

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 4

Mariana,

It's already moving along.  Thank you.

Greg Dolecki

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support